Possible new stadium - some interesting information

allan harper said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
we already have the land, so not as expensive as others, if you look at arse for example, they are generating a lot of money, there are plenty of options to turn eastlands into another sporting event, cricket, athletics or something like that.

Lancashire could do with a new cricket gound its not up to test matched standard, that would get my vote

they've had that 32m project accepted have they not, tesco is involved somewhere down the line.

POSTED BY TOLMIE

Two interesting bits of info which was told to me over weekend.

Firstly, the land immediately next to the stadium, we should not take it for granted this will be a separate entity from the stadium, another attraction.

A proposal is on the table to use the land there to "fuse" it as a solution to the increasing of capacity issues.

Could this mean the redevelopment of the entire West Stand, setting it back further and steeper back, incoporating the much-mooted hotel into it?

Secondly, there WILL be a technological aspect to an attraction. They have heard something like an APPLE WORLD - the world's only.

allan harper said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
we already have the land, so not as expensive as others, if you look at arse for example, they are generating a lot of money, there are plenty of options to turn eastlands into another sporting event, cricket, athletics or something like that.

Lancashire could do with a new cricket gound its not up to test matched standard, that would get my vote

great idea, we'd be stealing from the rags end of town too :D

Cricket pitches are massive though, there would be no room, plus Lancashire have already started redevelopment.

Corky said:
Cricket pitches are massive though, there would be no room, plus Lancashire have already started redevelopment.

didnt know that, what shame nothing worse than having to past that hole to get to the cricket.

Ticket For Schalke said:
allan harper said:

they've had that 32m project accepted have they not, tesco is involved somewhere down the line.

POSTED BY TOLMIE

Two interesting bits of info which was told to me over weekend.

Firstly, the land immediately next to the stadium, we should not take it for granted this will be a separate entity from the stadium, another attraction.

A proposal is on the table to use the land there to "fuse" it as a solution to the increasing of capacity issues.

Could this mean the redevelopment of the entire West Stand, setting it back further and steeper back, incoporating the much-mooted hotel into it?

Secondly, there WILL be a technological aspect to an attraction. They have heard something like an APPLE WORLD - the world's only.

Well I for one hope it's not a RED apple!!!!!....

allan harper said:
How much dose eastlands generate on match day ? the price of a new stadium its gonna take along time to get that money back even with extra hospitality box's. supose where in no rush to recoup our out lay
CoMS currently generates less than £1m on a matchday whereas the swamp generates something like £3.25m.

Besides capacity, the reason the swamp generates so much more is that they have something like 15,000 corporate seats whereas I think we have about 2,000. So any increase in capacity up to 60,000 would be mainly corporate.

If we could generate £2.5m a match (and let's assume that includes CL games), this could bring in an extra £40m a season.

allan harper said:
Corky said:

didnt know that, what shame nothing worse than having to past that hole to get to the cricket.

'The Point' it is mainly corperate and dwarfs the Pavillion. They are planning more of the same to 'get the ashes back'.

It gives mote corperate hospitality but there does not seem to be any more normal seats.

IMG_7228.jpg

Ticket For Schalke said:
allan harper said:

ive just told you that you thick so and so.

Lol ! come on surely this week you've noticed im not the brightest sparke on here !

Prestwich_Blue said:
allan harper said:
How much dose eastlands generate on match day ? the price of a new stadium its gonna take along time to get that money back even with extra hospitality box's. supose where in no rush to recoup our out lay
CoMS currently generates less than £1m on a matchday whereas the swamp generates something like £3.25m.

Besides capacity, the reason the swamp generates so much more is that they have something like 15,000 corporate seats whereas I think we have about 2,000. So any increase in capacity up to 60,000 would be mainly corporate.

If we could generate £2.5m a match (and let's assume that includes CL games), this could bring in an extra £40m a season.
I didn't realise that Utd had 15k Corporate seats. That's an amazing figure.

Are we going to be able to compete with MUFC when they are reportedly seeing marked falls in their corporate attendances? They are not going to go away. Strikes me that Corporates generate a lot of income, and have no real loyalty, but that market will be pretty much fixed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.