Possible new stadium - some interesting information

not my fault! said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
I love COMS but i want a new ground built, fit for us how WE want it.

There is no way we will be building a new stadium, COMS will be developed. He may be rich but he aint daft, we have a great deal with the ground and future plans dictate we will not be paying much in the way of rent. When we do develop it though I'm sure the whole stadium will be given an overhall.

This statement is true from what i've heard, i pm'ed ricster the other week.

The Fixer said:
not my fault! said:
There is no way we will be building a new stadium, COMS will be developed. He may be rich but he aint daft, we have a great deal with the ground and future plans dictate we will not be paying much in the way of rent. When we do develop it though I'm sure the whole stadium will be given an overhall.

I know mate, I sent a PM to Moonbeams, Monty Burns and a few others from FA watch with info about all this in October last year. The plan was set into mothion as far back as then. Sent the PM's to jrb too so he can keep tabs and see what comes true. Although this Mirror article has pretty much covered what I said back then anyway.

I was on about compared to the part of M block and L block that have been knocked down.

I was expecting a two tier with the corperate bit in the middle when it was being built.

I like it on the upper tier opposite on F block but it is rarely open.

not my fault! said:
The Fixer said:

I know mate, I sent a PM to Moonbeams, Monty Burns and a few others from FA watch with info about all this in October last year. The plan was set into mothion as far back as then. Sent the PM's to jrb too so he can keep tabs and see what comes true. Although this Mirror article has pretty much covered what I said back then anyway.
I'd almost forgotten about that it was so long ago, but he did indeed.

sam the drummer said:
not my fault! said:
I'd almost forgotten about that it was so long ago, but he did indeed.

Hope you kept it ;0) everything is now coming out slowly and as I said. October I sent it mate, and only now are we hearing things. Just proves that deals are not always made public until they want them to be.

The only way COMS could get above 60,000 is if it was rebuilt one stand at a time, starting with the North, before moving onto the East with the large amount of land behind it.

If another tier was placed on the North and South you could probably get it to 60,000 but then you have no room for anymore seats because the Colin Bell and East stands are completely unreworkable. That's why I'm thinking the redevelopment will have to be major.

ManCityX said:
The only way COMS could get above 60,000 is if it was rebuilt one stand at a time, starting with the North, before moving onto the East with the large amount of land behind it.

If another tier was placed on the North and South you could probably get it to 60,000 but then you have no room for anymore seats because the Colin Bell and East stands are completely unreworkable. That's why I'm thinking the redevelopment will have to be major.

The roof can be removed section by section and a third tier put under it as and when each section is removed. Not to mention the pitch could be lowered another few rows if they really wanted it to be. As shown in another thread the ends could be removed and rebuilt if needed too. All this in turn could provide us with a lot more seating. Just my theory any way.

I think we'll be looking at a 60,000 or so capacity COMS, with a third tier on the North and South Stands. If we're lucky then we'll have the North Stand rebuilt as a large single tier end but I think that's a huge ask.

I reckon the exterior will have a major overhaul though and the stadium will look almost unrecognisable from the outside in a few years. An iconic feature may be added!

ManCityX said:
I think we'll be looking at a 60,000 or so capacity COMS, with a third tier on the North and South Stands. If we're lucky then we'll have the North Stand rebuilt as a large single tier end but I think that's a huge ask.

I reckon the exterior will have a major overhaul though and the stadium will look almost unrecognisable from the outside in a few years. An iconic feature may be added!

I agree mate about the exterior, I think whatever development happens we will see a very different COMS but it wont be a new build. Exciting times ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.