Possible new stadium - some interesting information

ManCityX said:
Some people here seem to act like City will be the first ever side to redevelop a stadium.

Over the past decade United have had the North Stand redeveloped and unroofed mid season, the Stretford end redeveloped and unroofed mid season and the stand opposite that redeveloped and unroofed mid season. Not forgetting that we played without a roof on the Kippax (in a 'building site' lol) from August until around March when it became all seater.

The talk of us not playing on a 'building site' and having to close the ground is so basic and stupid that I sometimes wonder if my opening sentence is actually factual. Anyone who thinks we won't play without a roof for a few months because we will be thrown out of the league, is quite frankly a bit weird.

Also when City redevelop, the roof for the rest of the stadium will obviously be supported by temporary support structures.

This! It's 2010 not 1910.

We are also talking about the de-roofing of a modern stadium for the first time in the modern game when the rules and entry requirements strictly forbid it.

To simply say we can do as we please as a club is arrogant beyond belief.

I would suggest people stop thinking that because we are a wealthy club we don't abide by rules.

fbloke said:
We are also talking about the de-roofing of a modern stadium for the first time in the modern game when the rules and entry requirements strictly forbid it.

I would suggest people stop thinking that because we are a wealthy club we don't abide by rules.

I don't think no one is suggesting anything like that. If the roof needs dismantling to extend and premier league rules state all grounds need a roof then there will be ways around it.

fbloke said:

God, you're boring.

Can't we just throw a tarpaulin up? ;-)

Or look at this...construct it and have a small gap between this and the turnstiles.
covex-enclosure.jpg

MM - The new Handy Andy!

ManCityX said:
fbloke said:

God, you're boring.

why cause he proved you wrong

I think an extension was the original plan but since then a number of factors have come into play that make it less likely, including the Financial Fair Play regulations and the fact, that I've stated before, that we would lose a large part of the ground for 2 seasons. The clincher is that ADUG have become less enchanted with CoMS as time has gone on, for some of the reasons outlined below.

A new stadium may cost £400m but, with more and better corporate facilities, would bring in an extra £1.5-2m per match so could pay for itself in about 10 seasons. An extension involving 10 or 12,000 seats might cost £200m but would only bring in about £300k per game tops.

There's also the problem that the normal catering outlets are totally inadequate and require major upgrading (mainly they need to be made deeper).
The extension to the West Stand at the swamp was done with minimum disruption, which would not be the case at CoMS.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I think an extension was the original plan but since then a number of factors have come into play that make it less likely, including the Financial Fair Play regulations and the fact, that I've stated before, that we would lose a large part of the ground for 2 seasons. The clincher is that ADUG have become less enchanted with CoMS as time has gone on, for some of the reasons outlined below.

A new stadium may cost £400m but, with more and better corporate facilities, would bring in an extra £1.5-2m per match so could pay for itself in about 10 seasons. An extension involving 10 or 12,000 seats might cost £200m but would only bring in about £300k per game tops.

There's also the problem that the normal catering outlets are totally inadequate and require major upgrading (mainly they need to be made deeper).
The extension to the West Stand at the swamp was done with minimum disruption, which would not be the case at CoMS.

This last part.

Whoever designed that concourse hadn't eaten their Weetabix that morning. Alot of people have said redesigning the COMS is the way to go, primarily because its started to feel like home. No matter the quality of players we have, EVERY team ever to move stadium takes a season or 2 to get used to their new home, and we don't have that luxury, given the investment and progress desired. A redesigning of COMS could happen and we may have to share with united for a season, pay them a bit of cash and then rip the place apart on our final 'home' game! Be interesting to see how this develops, if at all. Personally I think we'll struggle to fill anything more than 60k just yet, even if we start having success.

fbloke said:

Fbloke you no i enjoy reading your posts on this thread, but i must pull you up on this, Stuttgart have already started redevelopment on there ground which was built for the 2006 WC. there seems to be no problems on their part.

http://www.voicesinfootball.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=151

Ticket For Schalke said:
fbloke said:

Fbloke you no i enjoy reading your posts on this thread, but i must pull you up on this, Stuttgart have already started redevelopment on there ground which was built for the 2006 WC. there seems to be no problems on their part.

http://www.voicesinfootball.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=151

Every engineering challenge can be overcome we know that.

What people seemed to be doing is ignoring the non-engineering aspect of the changes.

There seems to be general consensus now that the roof is an all or nothing situation, either all off or all on. That means all off of course, which means both the PL and UEFA would have to allow it for entry into their competitions.

I am not saying that wont happen or that MCFC haven't started the process for it to happen but I see no reason why we should just ignore these requirements.

If, and its a big if, the roof goes then there is no reason why the spirals don't either because the need for them is gone once a stand is closed.

A tad more realism is needed though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.