Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

United winning through penalties against a side who have a lower FIFA ranking than Portsmouth (174th i think) and not even playing in their own stadium due to CL regulations.

Would love to see them play in our group instead of us becuase they would get shown up with their current CL form.. yet after speaking to multiple United mates they think they can get to the final again!

If we break out of this group i think we should be on our way and get into motion, but even if we get knocked out in knockout round against someone like Barcelona i think it will be an amazing achievement in doing so, it can only spur the team on and make them stronger..

Derby on Sunday will be interesting, we did not have Aguero, Nasri and if you like Tevez in the Charity Shield and with Balotelli in form it should be a great game...
Would love us to end their precious unbeaten run at home and go a 5 points in front!
Would be a massive confidence boost.. COME ON CITY, CTID!!

93rd minute winners are what its all about.

On another note My girlfriend was in a pub with her mate in derby where she lives and jumped up (tells me she doesn't even like football) when aguero scored and got confronted by a pub full of scum fans...in Derby. Haha.

Good result from a very frustrating night, but then again its to be expected in the Champions League that the teams are going to come to City, and park the bus so to speak and just rely on very quick counter attacking, so I was so pleased that we kept grinding away at them, and finally got the winner even though it was so late in the game, and we must be patient with the style of play that we employ when playing in Europe, even though we didnt click like we should have done tonight we still manage to grind out the result. A big result tonight for us that all being well we can start to build on, and keep the momentum going and go as far as possible in this comp and also build up our level of experience in this league.....

Having finally watched the television version of the match I noticed what a big difference Yaya being pushed forward made after Johnson was taken off and Barry slotted into Yaya's previous role. He was still frustrating at times with sloppy passes but scared Villarreal to death with his runs and when he ran down the flank made a better winger than Johnson did. I think Yaya does a tidy job in a deeper role but is much better for us further forward.

I agree 100% with Another Generation.

Joe Hart gifts an opposing striker yet again. That’s two goals conceded against Bayern and one goal against Villareal in exactly the same fashion. If you can’t hold it, push it to the side, boy, instead of setting up a poacher to tap in. Every schoolboy knows that. This is a real flaw in Hart’s game, which has to be addressed pronto.

Re: things we have learnt from tonight

leighton said:
De Jong and Hart were poor for the goal we concided. De Jong should of won the tackle but he didnt. Hart should be pushing that ball wide for a corner. Thats twice he has done this in the Champions League so far. He needs to stay focused in games like this.

Mancini must make a call on Nasri and Yaya starting tonight both looked poor and we cant have both in the team in Europe. Agree with Milner he should of started. Once De Jong went off we got over ran in the midfield and the Milner move sorted that out. Barry and Yaya in the midfield together is pointless and must not happen in future games.

Think the Johnson move was a bit premature it worked but we were always going to score in the first half. Another questionable move by Mancini. In the end it means not a lot as we got the result. Dzeko has lost his confidence that he had at the start of the season. Mario will be needed big time in the remainer. Dzeko needs to sort himself out big time sooner rather than later.

Is it allowed to say David Silva's lay off to De Jong.......was utter gash. Unfortunately now Given has left the club the one position we can't rotate is Keeper, which is a worry. Hart is not as good as he and all the hype says he is!!

People who complain & whine before the game ends fall into one of two camps:

1) they're the type that can't hold their water when a little stress enters they're life. they just begin to act irrationally.

2) they're the type the just wanna be first to make a point on a message board because it feeds their ego.

Also, I've seen a lot of people saying Silva was terrible today. Let me tell you something...if Silva doesn't flick on Zabs cross, Kun never scores. Period. The defender inside Kun had Zab's cross lined up for the clear. Silva changed the angle, and the rest is a Mancini crazy dance.

Finally, everyone said that Dzeko was rubbish. Well that own goal doesn't happen without him. The defender knew he HAD to take a dangerous chance to clear it because if he didn't, Dzeko was going to slam it home. That's a forced error, and he deserves credit for it.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
leighton said:
De Jong and Hart were poor for the goal we concided. De Jong should of won the tackle but he didnt. Hart should be pushing that ball wide for a corner. Thats twice he has done this in the Champions League so far. He needs to stay focused in games like this.

Mancini must make a call on Nasri and Yaya starting tonight both looked poor and we cant have both in the team in Europe. Agree with Milner he should of started. Once De Jong went off we got over ran in the midfield and the Milner move sorted that out. Barry and Yaya in the midfield together is pointless and must not happen in future games.

Think the Johnson move was a bit premature it worked but we were always going to score in the first half. Another questionable move by Mancini. In the end it means not a lot as we got the result. Dzeko has lost his confidence that he had at the start of the season. Mario will be needed big time in the remainer. Dzeko needs to sort himself out big time sooner rather than later.

Is it allowed to say David Silva's lay off to De Jong.......was utter gash. Unfortunately now Given has left the club the one position we can't rotate is Keeper, which is a worry. Hart is not as good as he and all the hype says he is!!

Get over it. The only goal keeper i would take before hart is manuel neur.

Retaining possession is one thing, but being able to make use of the ball is another. Our passing is okay, but sometimes we overdo it especially near the box of opponents goal. We need to understand the tempo of the game better, when to press or just retain. To often we just look to retain and partially press, its way too slow of a buildup this way.

Again like someone said before, having barry and yaya in the midfield doesn't work unless you have de jong or milner besides them in oder to make up for their weaknesses.

Against good teams, we're often found out and pressured into making mistakes, so much so that retaining possession becomes a difficulty a la the Community shield.

imo its probably just a case of getting used to the level of intensity against good teams. We don't really come up against it often.

The Boss had a good game. When he made one sub tonight, we got our equaliser. Another scored the winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.