Post Match Thread: City vs Boro

citymad said:
Juan King said:
East Level 2 said:
Based on what? If it's just wishful thinking then we'd have beaten Boro today and the Arse last week.

Based on them letting in 4 today.

Chelsea are not the team the media are making out. I have faith we can beat them on Saturday!

Tell me your joking, comparing our defence to Chelsea's is ridiculous. Hazard and co will tear us apart. Sorry I don't have your optimism I'm just keeping it real.

The thing with Chelsea and their defence is getting them out of their comfort zone.

Gray said:
1. The defence has looked dodgy all season - pick your best group and stick by them.
2. No midfield enforcer - get one in quickly.
3. Shooting - for Christ's sake somebody have a go.
4. Corners - words fail me.

Great points. Corners - we don't have a clue and clearly do not have a policy/strategy. The worst part about corners is that we never have anyone out the opposite end to take on the mostly inevitable knock out.

Shooting - Can someone tell Navas that he is actually allowed to kick a ball first time!! We are just constantly trying to thread through the eye of a needle, which against the likes of lower/middle teams who will always park the bus, is going to be frustrating.

Defence - totally lost the plot this season for many of the games and today, every time borough went over the half-way line, it was total chaos in defence with headless chickens out in force. BOYATA should not be allowed anywhere near the 1st team again. All I saw today was him running back after the game has passed him by. Sad to say but Kompany is starting to look jaded and making a lot of mistakes and giving away loads of free kicks.

Midfield - the fact that we have clearly missed Yaya is worrying. No one has taken up the mantle in his absence and also shows how much we miss Nasri.

I'd be on the phone to Italy tomorrow morning discussing deals to sell Kolarov and Jovetic - I'd rather us play younger players and prepare for the future. I know Fernando has taken some flack today but I really believe he will improve - much like Matic last year took time to settle and now looks fully at home in the EPL he will be ok. Given our possession we are finding teams can easily defend deep against us. Bony will be key to changing this as he will drag defenders all over the place leaving more room for Sergio to exploit. Jovetic and maybe Dzeko don't do this and seem to play just one way. Jovetic for all his skill has no awareness of when to release the pass and despite more playing time looks more and more like a square peg. Kolarov astounds me with his poor attitude and is definitely more suited to a slower league. He leaves gaping holes that drag our centre halves out of position. To be fair so does Zabba in the system we play but the upside is…well it's Zabba and I could never critic him. Clichy and MDM back for Chelsea and please play the same back four for a few games - It's no coincidence that our superb 14 match run started with a settled back four when Kolarov was injured in the warm up of the derby!

Ok I've had time to digest this defeat and it's very difficult for all of us on here to accept especially as this was to 2nd rate opposition although they are probably playing at premier league level at the moment . MP looked a bit shell shocked .Mourinho isn't happy either and is ashamed . But he says that chelsea must win the next game . " let's go for it " he says . It's building up to be the defining moment although tbh it's still January . I still think that he'd take a draw if it were offered him because it'd be 5 points ahead of city . If he does go for it then there will be space in this game and that could play into our hands . Having to win a game is a different prospect than getting a result . It depends whether it's very tight early on . City will be in a more cautious mode next week, certainly won't have as much possession as at home , there hopefully won't be as fluid a play pattern and yet there will be moments that our individuals can shine . Pressure to possess will not be there as much . Chelsea are at home : different tactics . They certainly won't park the bus lol.
Course on the other hand keeping it tight hasn't been city's strong point this season . Roma away was possibly the only game that everything was fairly solid all over the pitch . We are missing strikers who are just coming back off injury . Sergio is due a goal however.
Someone has to handle Costa . Is kompany the man ?
chelsea are not exactly world beaters are they ? If you can get at them they'll shake . Spurs showed that . Need to get Silva creating something in this game .
If MP gets the win he's a majician . If he gets a draw he's still on course . If they lose it could all unravel .
Need a moment of inspiration like at home to Bayern where Aguero started us on that big run . Need it big time . From somewhere . Are the players going to stand up and be counted ?
At this point it's all in the minds of the players . How much do they really want it ? Play out of their skin for 96 mins . I hope .Forget yesterday . Next week it's the big one .
C'mon city .

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
I'm sure a lot is us have been away in our jollies and arrived back in manchester on a Sunday. Were you on top form in work Monday morning? No.

But we would have been on the piss for a week and are unlikely to have a bed on the plane. Plus several players didn't actually travel.

Silva again proved again that only Ronaldo and Messi r better than him , what a display from him in fact after watching him again today I don't understand how can't get in the pfa team of the year

Jack74 said:
Silva again proved again that only Ronaldo and Messi r better than him , what a display from him in fact after watching him again today I don't understand how can't get in the pfa team of the year

You are one pathetic troll.

Jack74 said:

Bit over the top as far as his performance yesterday is concerned.

Boro had little trouble closing him down and most of his possession consisted of small passes backwards and sideways.

Same against Arsenal.

We are easy to read and the possession game without tempo is too easy to pick off even by sides in lower divisions.

Too easy to dismantle the glaring weaknesses in the way MP sets us up and the way we play now.

Either he changes and we build up from a solid defensive structure or we change the manager.

lancs blue said:
Jack74 said:

You are one pathetic troll.

He is bang average , now go and enjoy your wank about is 5 yard sidewards passes , piss poor , do u actually think

a ) world class ?
b) better than Yaya Toure ?

In fact I will answer both

No

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.