Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

when the manager comes out and said they had to make changes just to deal with him as he was a threat he cant of been doing to bad, won a lot of corners as well
Course Bilic said that about Navas. Bet he's fucking hoping he plays at Upton Park

as poor as navas delivery can be his threat is key to the way we play imo without him we just play to slow, i personally think he is very good at picking players out for a shot on the edge of the box
He connected 2 crosses out of 20 attempts. That is not indicative of being very good at picking players out. He doesn't have that ability and more importantly he is not decisive about it. He spends too much time before actually deciding "who" to pass to and it gives the defense time to adjust.

Thought it was a shocking game... ref wise. I need to watch motd to get another look at some of the shocking decisions, if they show them that is.
And i don't think I've ever seen a team try to waste so much time. Right from the first goal. Horrible to watch.
Overall I don't think we played bad. Just a bit slow in our build up play at times which allowed them to get back.

I don't see why people are on Navas' back he got praise from their manager for the threat he posed, his crossing accuracy wasn't the best today true enough but there's more to it than that he was running at their defenders very well giving them more to think about. I do wish he could sort out his shooting and passing accuracy though, a few assists and a goal here and there and his confidence and composure will return I reckon.
I'm not surprised their manager praised Navas. He was their best player.
Taking Sterling off left us the right side as the only width, hence Navas saw lots of the ball but failed to do anything with it. And why oh why is he taking corners? Navas gets credit for getting in to excellent positions but what's the point if he just hits it blindly toward the area? He has no composure and should have been taken off. No point making him the fulcrum of the attack cos he can't attack.

I have a dog he's a sih tzu. I get seriously pissed off if City lose. He doesn't give a fuck. He's not a clever fucker by no means. In fact he's a nutter. But......He keeps me sane on nights like these.

Big positives in De Bruyne and Otamendi.

Reality check that the 11 point lead is nothing and there are still signs of last season with some of the defending by Kolarov and the sub decisions with Pellers

We don't have an 11 point lead. . . United go 2 points behind us with a win tomorrow.

Well the positives first: During the 2nd half we shook off the malaise left over from the Juve match and the 1st half of this one, so hopefully the lethargy we've shown this week is now out of our system.

I thought we were getting back to our best after the break and looked like at least getting a point if not the win and then BLAM!! Mr 44fuckin2 strikes again. Sterling was starting to open WHU up down the left so what does Pellers do? He takes Sterling off to bring on an out of form Bony.

Unfuckinbelievable!! No fuckin way should Sterling have been taken off at that stage. If anything I'd have taken the ineffective Aguero off and brought on Nacho, seen how we were doing and then later replaced Navas with Roberts. The shape was fine as it was and all we needed were different options and renewed energy to open them up.

Tbf to Navas, WHU were defensively resolute and solid albeit he was profligate with his crossing and shooting. Their performance was reminiscent of our 0-0 draw at Old Toilet years ago where we defended for our lives and got the point. West Ham must be applauded for how they set themselves up and for taking the points. It reminded me of a boxing match where the Champ took the challenger too lightly, was caught cold and suffered two early knock-downs. It was only after this that we woke up but it proved too little, too late.

Hopefully, this is a painful lesson learned.

How Adrian and Jenkison didn't get booked for time wasting is beyond me. And 4 minutes injury time ? That says it all about the refs performance

Honestly I don't think we were bad, we played well today - 9 times out of 10 we win that match playing like that.

Midfield played well, Sterling, KDB, Dinho, Yaya & Navas (he caused a lot of problems without the final ball as usual) all did well for me, Sterling perhaps the least but still did nothing wrong. KDB & Yaya linked well & caused havoc, unlucky not to get more goals.

Defence was changed from our usual back 4, on the whole they were good but 1 mistake at the corner cost us, poor from Kolarov, & then same as Juventus match we conceded with anything that went near our goal.

For me our biggest problem is our strikers, somehow neither Bony or Aguero look like they're going to score for us - we can have all the possession & keep creating the chances but we need our strikers to score some goals. We've done well to win 5 on the bounce with misfiring strikers so far as our defence has been immense but today it cost us, they need to find form fast or we could drop more points soon.

Best player on pitch KDB/Yaya & worst was sadly Aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.