Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

Great workmate, scampering up and down the right and it may well appear that he is a real threat ... but I've just seen a stat that says Navas completed 2 of 18 attempted crosses today. (It doesn't help that Sagna can't cross a ball particularly well either.) In mitigation, Navas not being able to get a cross past a defender wins us a lot of corners ... but then we invariably waste those corners, particularly if we let Navas take them. I thought subbing Bony for Sterling was a mistake as Sterling seemed to be getting more into the game ... but to be fair, I'm not really a Bony admirer to start with. I have no idea what the Nacho for Kolarov sub was designed to achieve - I didn't get what Pellers was going for there. On the bright side, KDB looks the business, as does Otamendi.

Scapegoat implies a lack of causation. There is a reason he is being singled out as a weak link -- he is one. If it's not a wide open game, then he offers nothing of value. He's great to have when we need someone who can track back and provide defensive solidarity, but in a game like this with 11 men behind the ball, you need a player who can pick out a pass and not just hit and hope. He simply lacks the quality for that.

We have a hell of a squad with great attacking players so as navas is so gash can you give me the names of the other city players today that picked out the killer pass and how many goals we scored from this, his final ball could be better but I am more concerned that when he takes on the fullback with next to no space no one seems to think a near post run might be a good idea

IF you have played his position you would know in a lot of those occasions he cannot look up and he cannot pull it back to the penalty spot which is where most of our players seem to congregate, today he was a much more effective player than either sterling or Sergio

Kevin De Bruyne tells BBC Sport: " We didn’t start well, conceding two goals with the two chances they fashioned. After that we created lots of chances, and 2-1 was a good place to be at half-time, but in the second half our final ball wasn’t good enough.

Even KDB knows Navas couldn't pass wind.

The one on the end, my God. He is running into the box, Aguero and Bony running up, yaya and others waiting around the edge and he casually crosses bewteen those two lines to nobody. He is indeed the Forrest Gump of football.

Infortunately for a lot on here, 9 out of 10,not good enough.
That's fair for me, losing a match is always frustrating, I'm just as annoyed at the result.

But when people look back on the result will they say, "we were shit & are in trouble". Doubt it, imagine most will say we should have won but there was nothing there to make us panic or believe we can't win next week. WH just put in a 110% shift from all 11 players combined with some luck to keep us out in that 2nd half.

Nice interview from Bilic, and as he said, we are a much better team than the likes of Arsenal or Liverpool, though we already knew it. :)

It's a shame that we lost an 'easy' game like this today, but keep in mind our wins against Chelsea and the away 3 points from Palace, Everton...

This season could be very well ours, still. I'd even take 2 draws from Spurs and the swamp if we win our other 3 home games in October.

The sad thing is that all our important chances were from Yaya !

He was the only threat today.

The rest should step up and try to shoot.

Said it earlier, will say it agian: we miss finishing ability. We can't keep wasting chance after chance and hope we just create more. Of the 100000 chances we had, we only converted 1, again. Has to stop at some point.

KDB was phenomenal, and Yaya showed great desire too. Also very pleased with Otamendi.
Kun was abysmal though, as was Navas. Kolarov (and Sterling to some degree) turned average (again) with Silva out.

We need to pick ourselves up and continue where we left off before this game, albeit playing almost excellent (imo) in this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.