Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

when the manager comes out and said they had to make changes just to deal with him as he was a threat he cant of been doing to bad, won a lot of corners as well

on the flip side he can say that to just confuse pellegrini. because if i was i would do just that. prevent the opponent to figuring out their problems.

if i was the opposite manager shutting down navas wold be the easiest job because he is a one trick pony. the moment he receives the ball as defender you already know what is coming perhaps even before navas does.

the worst thing is we had great intro earlier today with Chelsea beating Arsenal, if we won we'd have 8 and 11 points more than them two. Huge opportunity missed.

Our shot-conversion % rate is absolutely abysmal it must surely be the worst in the league... especially when compared to a certain other team who, somehow, seem to manage to score more goals than the number of shots they actually have on target.

Navas is getting time and space because he's the one least likely to hurt the other team. They're forcing the ball to he and Sagna who have no realistic way through. Navas always wants to push the ball to the goal line and cross, which means his fullback can't overlap. Whenever Sagna is ahead of him Navas is completely stuck. Until we solve the right side we're not going to see much from Sterling, who has no space to operate in. Teams are just forcing us to our right and trusting their back line to clear the crosses.

I'm not quite sure what I've just watched, especially the second half. Am I right in thinking that we stood and watched two WHU players exchange passes before one of them thumped in a goal? No-one near him? And then we play pinball in our area at a corner before an unmarked WHU player has the chance to score from 2 yards? After that we looked like a team, or at least 8/11ths of one, and played some decent stuff, but three points is a very tall order if you don't star to play until you're 2-0 down. De Bruyne looked a class act, Ya Ya was excellent in the second half, Fernandinho was himself and Navas was a constant menace down the righ, but why, oh why does he invariably ruin all his good work by simply hammering a cross in to no-one? I have to say that Sergio might as well not have been on the pitch, and in the second half I forgot he was, but because he's Sergio I refuse to accept that he can be match fit. Wilfred was totally anonymous and contributed nothing apart from slowing U.S. Down by coming deep into midfield and getting in the way. We are a very talented team, but all eleven on the pitch have to make a positive contribution if we are to make our class tell. The second half saw us exert continuous, unrelenting pressure on a WHU confined increasingly to their own penalty area. They blocked heroically and had the luck of the devil with deflections and rebounds, but our finishing was not clinical enough, usually because it was either too hasty or delayed too long because of over caution, and when the two out and out strikers are s lamentably out of touch it doesn't bode well.

Kevin De Bruyne tells BBC Sport: " We didn’t start well, conceding two goals with the two chances they fashioned. After that we created lots of chances, and 2-1 was a good place to be at half-time, but in the second half our final ball wasn’t good enough.

Even KDB knows Navas couldn't pass wind.

Honestly I don't think we were bad, we played well today - 9 times out of 10 we win that match playing like that.

Midfield played well, Sterling, KDB, Dinho, Yaya & Navas (he caused a lot of problems without the final ball as usual) all did well for me, Sterling perhaps the least but still did nothing wrong. KDB & Yaya linked well & caused havoc, unlucky not to get more goals.

Defence was changed from our usual back 4, on the whole they were good but 1 mistake at the corner cost us, poor from Kolarov, & then same as Juventus match we conceded with anything that went near our goal.

For me our biggest problem is our strikers, somehow neither Bony or Aguero look like they're going to score for us - we can have all the possession & keep creating the chances but we need our strikers to score some goals. We've done well to win 5 on the bounce with misfiring strikers so far as our defence has been immense but today it cost us, they need to find form fast or we could drop more points soon.

Best player on pitch KDB/Yaya & worst was sadly Aguero.

Infortunately for a lot on here, 9 out of 10,not good enough.

but i have to say these days the top ten teams in the PL have improved dramatically excluding the top 4. it is as if the have gone a level up tactically and also have bought good players.

Navas and aguero were shit. Yaya was strolling around all game. Sagna kdb demi and Otamendi had a great game
Fair play West ham

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.