Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

We had enougbe chances towin 2 matches never mind one. Just wouldn't fall to one of our players in the box. Must have been 4 or 5 loose balls that WH manged to clear before any City player got near to it. KDB looks classy and was looking to boss the game in the 2nd half. MDM also looked very composed with some very good passing. However you have to take the chances and we had to 27 of them. Well done west ham. They weren't dirty nor did they cheat. Early days yet but keep playing like that 2nd half and City will be champions again. We are top don't forget.

I'm well and truly pissed off with referees bending over backwards to make sure the away side get a fair crack of the whip at the expense of applying the Laws of the Game. And I am well and truly pissed off with referees who indulge players feigning injury and going down with fictitious knocks. And what happened to goalkeepers wasting time and players taking an outrageous time to walk off the pitch. Is that still considered an infringement? Didn't Joe H get booked last season for time wasting? The Wiiiiiiiiiist Hiiiiiiim goalkeeper ne'er got a warning, a talking to, a finger wagged. Nothing. I think there is nothing that pisses off home fans than this kind of shite!

The sooner we adopt the rugby union approach and treat people on the pitch while play continues the better!
Four minutes added time as well, another piss take. Should've been about six minimum in that second half.

We needed to show that we could bounce back from a bad result and we didn't.

That's the main worry for me. We needed to get back to winning ways after Juve and we got beat in a game we dominated. Again. For the second time in a week.

That's not the mark of champions whichever way you slice it.

It was a freak result, but we seem to suffer freak results more than any other team, while other shit teams fluke result after result from nowhere.

God, I fucking hate football sometimes.

Yeah but you worry about owt. As for the last statement, most of your posts confirm that ;-)

We paid the price of poor first half when West Ham 'did a job' on us.
Second half we were very good, but things just didn't fall for us, and we were playing a team emboldened at the prospect of snatching a win.

I thought De Bruyne was absolutely superb, and he was all over the park bossing things. Sadly, Sterling and Navas offered little serious threat.
I think Joe will be disappointed with the first goal.

We were clearly the better team, but that doesn't win you games.

Disappointed in West Ham's time wasting antics. If that's the new West Ham way, they can shove it. I like West Ham, a lot, but that stuff is dire.

Sorry, mate. When we are a serious and constant threat and a goal is in sight, you don't get a creative player off and chuck dull Bony in. Nacho had more touches than him ffs.
Fair enough, and I'm certainly not denying that Bony was wank when he came on. But as I say, as much as a 'goal was in sight', it hadn't materialised in 20-25 minutes, and there's scant reason for assuming that it necessarily would have if we'd left Sterling on.

Just wouldn't go in. I have no concerns because that was the biggest smash and grab I've seen in ages.

I'm not quite sure what I've just watched, especially the second half. Am I right in thinking that we stood and watched two WHU players exchange passes before one of them thumped in a goal? No-one near him? And then we play pinball in our area at a corner before an unmarked WHU player has the chance to score from 2 yards? After that we looked like a team, or at least 8/11ths of one, and played some decent stuff, but three points is a very tall order if you don't star to play until you're 2-0 down. De Bruyne looked a class act, Ya Ya was excellent in the second half, Fernandinho was himself and Navas was a constant menace down the righ, but why, oh why does he invariably ruin all his good work by simply hammering a cross in to no-one? I have to say that Sergio might as well not have been on the pitch, and in the second half I forgot he was, but because he's Sergio I refuse to accept that he can be match fit. Wilfred was totally anonymous and contributed nothing apart from slowing U.S. Down by coming deep into midfield and getting in the way. We are a very talented team, but all eleven on the pitch have to make a positive contribution if we are to make our class tell. The second half saw us exert continuous, unrelenting pressure on a WHU confined increasingly to their own penalty area. They blocked heroically and had the luck of the devil with deflections and rebounds, but our finishing was not clinical enough, usually because it was either too hasty or delayed too long because of over caution, and when the two out and out strikers are s lamentably out of touch it doesn't bode well.[/QUOa
agreed 100%, would just like to add that i think the issue with sergio is he clearly not match fit but he always requires games to get up to speed its catch 22 , gutted with that result today but what a player de brunye is, we will be fine

I don't see why people are on Navas' back he got praise from their manager for the threat he posed, his crossing accuracy wasn't the best today true enough but there's more to it than that he was running at their defenders very well giving them more to think about. I do wish he could sort out his shooting and passing accuracy though, a few assists and a goal here and there and his confidence and composure will return I reckon.

Luck isn't on our side recently not just with the ball not dropping right for us after dominating today, the amount injuries we've had, the unlucky loss against Juve. Just about everything that could disrupt our rhythm has happened this month but once our key players are back to 100% and Silva Sterling KDB gel we'll be brushing teams aside with ease. Would like to see iheanacho get more game time in the coming weeks while Aguero and Bony find their shooting boots. Roberts surely deserves some game time after his displays in the EDS I think.

As gutting as this weeks been we haven't got it that bad at all, I'd like to see the home crowd really getting behind the players and geeing them up more than they do currently, make the Etihad intimidating for teams to come to. At times the noise levels were impressive but it kept petering out too soon and didn't happen often enough.

his crossing accuracy is ALWAYS POOR......

His shooting is shit, he rarely beats a man, and he wasted a lot of great positions when a better cross selection or execution could result in a chance.....instead he usually misses out every player or hits the first defender....

he along with their GK and Kolorvos piss poor defending won West ham that game...

He should be dropped and if he isn't serous questions should be asked of MP especially when we have options to replace him

ask yourself this....with everyone fit would he even get close to the starting 11 - no he wouldn't. He is an impact sub at best

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.