Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

Fair enough, and I'm certainly not denying that Bony was wank when he came on. But as I say, as much as a 'goal was in sight', it hadn't materialised in 20-25 minutes, and there's scant reason for assuming that it necessarily would have if we'd left Sterling on.

Totally Agree. And like many suggested, Nacho for Kun (because he wasn't himself) would've made more sense.

Annoyed after that game Piss poor ref,shameful timewasting from the West Hame Players.
As for us possibly Kuns worst ever game,the chances he missed first half cost us.
Can someone enlighten me as to what Bony brings to the team ?
Should have kept Edin and got rid of this lump

Trying to look for positives, KDB was immense. Played like 2 players, he was everywhere and everything he did was quality. MoTM by a country mile. The new defender bloke who's name i can't spell was bloody excellent as well. Had a couple of decent efforts on goal in addition to resolute defending. Excellent.

Don't know how much longer Pelligrini insists on playing Navas who has difficulty crossing the road never mind putting an accurate ball across the goal. How many times did Navas attempt a pass only to be blocked by a West Ham defender? Most of the time. It doesn't matter how much speed you've got, if you can't send in an accurate cross, the speed is wasted. Hopefully, David Silva will be fit and Navas can warm the bench for the rest of the season while KDB shows him how it's done.

like i said the defender knows what navas is going to do even before navas does!

Look, the only issue with Navas is his inability to find a blue shirt when he beats the last man. And he did plenty of that today.

Overall, I don't think he's a bad footballer and those who come on here and castigate him for being 'shit', well that's quite a generalisation isn't it?

If you were to ask me if his lack of end product in a team playing at the level we are is an issue, then I would say yes. And the reality is, in that particular regard, there are better players and I think in the interest of moving forwards we should be looking for that player to replace him.

But find me a player that occupies 2 people so frequently and offers as much in terms of doing a job for the team defensively, and just generally working his boolox off, well I'd like to meet him.

There are pros and cons to his game like everyone else, just unfortunate for him that his 'con' is a quite a big fuckin issue.

Sad that in the pre match thread I said that I hoped we did not spend the first half an hour figuring out how to play without Silva and it was those 30 minutes that we spent slow passing as if unsure which way to go that cost us the game. Had we played half as well as we did in the final hour that would be six out of six. After that we were excellent and just had no luck at all.

Aguero seems to be simply off his game, perhaps not fit, out of luck, or all three and with him effectively missing as well as Silva and Kompany who has been excellent at the back so far it was always going to be hard against an impressive West Ham who must have a shot at Europe via league placing this year. They defended for their lives and had some luck but would probably not have held out for 90 minutes that way instead of 60.

We just have to work through a bad patch that all teams get and not change things as much for Tuesday as normally we would. It should be possible to get a good win against Sunderland who are struggling but always fight hard in the league cup against City. Take it easy and three defeats in a week will heap unneeded pressure on the team.

It would be easy to give everyone the night off but some of them need to play themselves into form and, more importantly, the team needs a good win to inject confidence back before two big games at Spurs and in Germany.

So Sunderland needs to be used as a 'get it out of your system and rediscover how good you really are' type match. One good win will change the mood immeasurably.

kolorov was directly responsible for both goals....plus he almost gave them a third if it hadn't been for Mangala...that for a defender is the definition of shit!
Some people are always looking for a scapegoat. We lost, get over it.

Why was he responsible for the 2nd ? It was debateable if it was a corner.
The free header for Reid caused all the problems, plus our reluctance to act in 2nd ball situations.

it was a corner

it was him that was beaten in the air for the header as well at the corner which then resulted in the scramble for the goal

that to me is directly responsible

he almost gave them a third and if it hadn't been for mangalas last ditch challenge he probably would have done...he also pulled out of two tackles around the half way line

Look, the only issue with Navas is his inability to find a blue shirt when he beats the last man. And he did plenty of that today.

Overall, I don't think he's a bad footballer and those who come on here and castigate him for being 'shit', well that's quite a generalisation isn't it?

If you were to ask me if his lack of end product in a team playing at the level we are is an issue, then I would say yes. And the reality is, in that particular regard, there are better players and I think in the interest of moving forwards we should be looking for that player to replace him.

But find me a player that occupies 2 people so frequently and offers as much in terms of doing a job for the team defensively, and just generally working his boolox off, well I'd like to meet him.

There are pros and cons to his game like everyone else, just unfortunate for him that his 'con' is a quite a big fuckin issue.
And he wins a hell of a lot of corners to be fair. Shame we can't ever do anything with any of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.