Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

Neutralised!?!? Seriously??

It was a freak game

Becoming less of a freak these days. Wiiiiist Hiiiim were battered in the second half. A one-eyed glance at the stats will tell anyone that that was a mother and father of a fuckin' batterin in the second half.

What I can't understand is why we don't play with the same urgency for ninety minutes. West Ham were down to desperate and lucky defending at times and no team can last for ninety minutes with that kind of desperation and luck.

We continue to underestimate our opposition, we do it time and time again. Five minutes in I could see this being one of those days, with our lads looking like they were playing with lead in their boots. When we start at a tempo we're unstoppable, when we start at a snails pace the oppo seize the opportunity and get confident.

Several players still looking unsure as to where they're supposed to be playing, especially in that first half. Second half we stepped it up and were unlucky not to equalise, but hey ho.
Onwards and upwards.

jesus 1 moses 2 , not a defeat of biblical proportions but this result will bring a bit of sanity to the posters predicting the league will be won before the resurrection, and after today , its true god is definitely a Hammers fan

VWhat has worked so well for us to this week was having a double-edged sword of Navas & Sterling on the flanks, supporting and supported by their full backs, who both carried a threat and also gave space for the midfield behind to work in. That's been particularly effective down the left, with Sterling & Kolarov and has made the latter look far more solid. Yet we seemed to abandon that in the first half with Sterling 'doing a Nasri' and drifting well infield and even into the middle on occasions with KDB coming wide.

The plan seemed to be to keep the middle three almost interchangeable but it failed miserably. We had no penetration down the left and Kolarov had no protection. The first goal seemed to come from Kolarov being isolated and failing to deal with the attacking player but I thought Hart should have done better from where I was in 109. Hart looked a bit dopey all game and was a bit slow to come out on a couple of occasions, which could have cost us.

Also Aguero is just shit at the moment, which doesn't help. We were far better in the second half but a combination of Navas' wasteful crossing and some great goalkeeping & last-ditch defending kept us from winning the game.

Nobody was shit today. As I said we've played worse and won games easily.

kolorov was directly responsible for both goals....plus he almost gave them a third if it hadn't been for Mangala...that for a defender is the definition of shit!

We paid the price of poor first half when West Ham 'did a job' on us.
Second half we were very good, but things just didn't fall for us, and we were playing a team emboldened at the prospect of snatching a win.

I thought De Bruyne was absolutely superb, and he was all over the park bossing things. Sadly, Sterling and Navas offered little serious threat.
I think Joe will be disappointed with the first goal.

We were clearly the better team, but that doesn't win you games.

Disappointed in West Ham's time wasting antics. If that's the new West Ham way, they can shove it. I like West Ham, a lot, but that stuff is dire.
So if we were 2-1 up against barca away and did the same you wouldnt be happy ? wham had every reason to do that and deserve credit for the way they defended a lead away to (what most people think going off current form) the champions elect ? theyve won their last 3 away games against current top 6 sides , well done them lets hope they can do the same to chelsea and the rags

What's this shit about Aguero being 100% fit? My fucking arse he's fit. Why don't they just get him right before using him. It pisses me right off. He was so far off the money today he was unrecognisable.

The first half was conducted at fucking walking pace. KDB showed that it's worth having a shot. The amount of times we could have peppered the net but instead tried to walk it in. The crowd were getting right on Navas' back and rightly so. He can't find a blue shirt for toffee.

And the ref was fucking paid off. Disgrace

exactly sergio dosent start well unless he got a good preseason. besides he is just tired playing every game and copa. there is just no one to share his goal load.

kolorov was directly responsible for both goals....plus he almost gave them a third if it hadn't been for Mangala...that for a defender is the definition of shit!

Why was he responsible for the 2nd ? It was debateable if it was a corner.
The free header for Reid caused all the problems, plus our reluctance to act in 2nd ball situations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.