Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

Why was he responsible for the 2nd ? It was debateable if it was a corner.
The free header for Reid caused all the problems, plus our reluctance to act in 2nd ball situations.

it was Kolorov he beat in the air and your description that it was a free header just adds weight to the argument that he is shot and a waste of space!

Look, the only issue with Navas is his inability to find a blue shirt when he beats the last man. And he did plenty of that today.

Overall, I don't think he's a bad footballer and those who come on here and castigate him for being 'shit', well that's quite a generalisation isn't it?

If you were to ask me if his lack of end product in a team playing at the level we are is an issue, then I would say yes. And the reality is, in that particular regard, there are better players and I think in the interest of moving forwards we should be looking for that player to replace him.

But find me a player that occupies 2 people so frequently and offers as much in terms of doing a job for the team defensively, and just generally working his boolox off, well I'd like to meet him.

There are pros and cons to his game like everyone else, just unfortunate for him that his 'con' is a quite a big fuckin issue.

right nobody is saying navas is not a good footballer, just that he is not good enough for manchester city.

exactly sergio dosent start well unless he got a good preseason. besides he is just tired playing every game and copa. there is just no one to share his goal load.

I can't remember a season where we've had so many different scorers. Sergioooooo has been off the radar for two or three matches and if he doesn't score early on he seems not to exude a great deal of enthusiasm. The chances he's had this season were meat and drink last season.

So if we were 2-1 up against barca away and did the same you wouldnt be happy ? wham had every reason to do that and deserve credit for the way they defended a lead away to (what most people think going off current form) the champions elect ? theyve won their last 3 away games against current top 6 sides , well done them lets hope they can do the same to chelsea and the rags

No I wouldn't be happy. I wasn't happy when Dzeko did it against Everton a couple of seasons ago.
You're confusing the aspects of West Ham's play that DO deserve credit, with the time wasting antics that don't. I will never applaud that stuff, even if it's City.

kolorov was directly responsible for both goals....plus he almost gave them a third if it hadn't been for Mangala...that for a defender is the definition of shit!
He has simply always been shit at defending, we have one left back who can defend & one who can attack, but neither can do both - and when Kolarov doesn't attack well like the last few matches it often feels like there is literally no reason for him to be on the pitch. It's a position that is weak for us & you'd expect to be one of the main areas looked at next summer, especially considering the age of those guys.

With Silva, we'd have won. With Aguero in better form, we'd have won. Otamendi was promising, de Bruyne looks legendary. We're still going to have a great season.

Some people are always looking for a scapegoat. We lost, get over it.

nope...im not scapegoating him as I've also said the same about navas and the fact that the goal keeper and a very good game as well...aguero was poor as well
However Kolorov has always been a poor defender and the sooner we get Clichy back and a decent understudy the better......we need to get rid of AK as he is a huge weak link and that is made more obvious but he fact that teams clearly target the left side of of our defense

it was a corner

it was him that was beaten in the air for the header as well at the corner which then resulted in the scramble for the goal

that to me is directly responsible

he almost gave them a third and if it hadn't been for mangalas last ditch challenge he probably would have done...he also pulled out of two tackles around the half way line

He was wank but this is the risk of only having him available. He wasn't good against Juve either.

He has simply always been shit at defending, we have one left back who can defend & one who can attack, but neither can do both - and when Kolarov doesn't attack well like the last few matches it often feels like there is literally no reason for him to be on the pitch. It's a position that is weak for us & you'd expect to be one of the main areas looked at next summer, especially considering the age of those guys.
fully agree

but now we have sterling we can get away with the fact that when clichy is there his attacking prowess aint great

but i think AK attacking ability is hugely overrated as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.