Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

Has AK shot his bolt with 2 top performances in the first 2 games? Since then, nothing. Not seen him put any of his trademark scorching crosses in for a month.

Cant underestimate what Bilic has done with this West Ham team. Rode their luck throughout the second half but they defended fantastically. I don't think we'd have scored if it went another hour. Both teams were exhausted. As for us we could not have tried harder, it was a brilliant effort from everyone.

Honestly, it was a very good performance overall.West Ham more than rode their luck. Even the stupid pundits are admitting it. I can only think that the people being negative Nellies on here weren't at the game.

Hmmm....

It was a poor first half, and excellent second half. I'd say 'overall' that doesn't make a very good performance. Because the second half was so good and with so much pressure, I think many of us came away feeling fairly positive and a bit unlucky that we couldn't get the ball over the line. But taking a step back at the overall performance, we paid a high price for the first half. I just can't put that down as a 'very good performance'.

Cant underestimate what Bilic has done with this West Ham team. Rode their luck throughout the second half but they defended fantastically. I don't think we'd have scored if it went another hour. Both teams were exhausted. As for us we could not have tried harder, it was a brilliant effort from everyone.

Big Sam had a good start with West Ham last season too, and people were singing his praises about listening to the fans and playing some sexy football. It's still too early to really know if Bilic has performed miracles or is just enjoying a purple patch. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd just say it's too early to be sure it's down to Bilic.

Big Sam had a good start with West Ham last season too, and people were singing his praises about listening to the fans and playing some sexy football. It's still too early to really know if Bilic has performed miracles or is just enjoying a purple patch. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd just say it's too early to be sure it's down to Bilic.
put what down to Bilic? They got lucky today, and City started slowly. Tomkins and Reid are good centre-backs and defended as you would expect but City's front 3 of Sterling, Aguero and Navas were really poor.

On any other day we win 5 or 6!!! Barring the defending at a corner and a great strike we mullered the hammers! Otamendi looked good, de Bruyne outstanding, 27 attempts at goal, 72% possession? Second half the most one sided game I've seen in ages. Granted we lost but we certainly weren't shit!
The final ball and finishing was very poor. Countless times Navas beat his man, got to the byline, and his cross hit the first man or was too close to the keeper. And Aguero had a really bad game. We just missed too many players, and were suffering a hangover from the midweek game.

put what down to Bilic? They got lucky today, and City started slowly. Tomkins and Reid are good centre-backs and defended as you would expect but City's front 3 of Sterling, Aguero and Navas were really poor.

That's what I'm saying. It's too early to hail Bilic as some amazing manager. He might well turn out to be, but right now, it's just too early.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.