Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

spot on...in the build up Kolorov backed off moses before he got the ball leaving him with time and space to collect the ball and move forward with it....sterling had the wide man covered...kolorov in the end did nothing. Mangle was straining to get back across to over him and still got closer than colorer ever was

Kolorov was appalling (not for the first time) yesterday.........its an undeniable fact that this guy cannot defend and for a full back that is a problem........he backed out of at least one challenge yesterday and nearly gave them a third goal as well and it was mangala that saved his arse again - was this when mangle got injured as well??????

As soon as clichy is fit he needs to be dropped ...we don't need a full back who can attack as much when we have sterling and kdb plus kdb gives us a person who can play from the left who can shoot and cross as well as colorer.

Id sell him in January/the summer and bring in an understudy for Clichy

Never rated Kolorov in all the time he has been here - a very poor defender by pre league standards

Kolarov has been playing well up to the last 2 games. He says he needs a run of games, but
when he gets them, he can't concentrate for more than 2 or 3 of them.

Still Very dissapointed about losing the game considering how much we bossed the entire game, especially 2nd half. It was one of few games that I had an idea that we wouldn't get back into it, west ham played well organised with 10 men behind the ball all game (which obviously you have to do to beat us at our own ground) and just wore us out eventually. On another day, we win 5-2 but it just wasnt one of them days. Reminds me of when we lost at home to stoke last season at roughly the same point in the season. Agüero wasnt at his best at all but he's far from fit, Nevas was just frustrating with that final ball again, Yaya was just strolling as usual (how he is vice captain i'll never know), Kolorov and mangala have also had better games too.

No doubt we missed the creativity of Silva big time.

On a positive note, De Bruyne looked excellent once again with a good goal, good to see Otemendi settling into the Pace of the PL very quickly, though Dinho had a good game as well. Another positive is David might be back for the next league game(?)

On the whole, I'm absolutely gutted...didn't see this coming at all but we were due a reality check in some ways, and fuck me is it painful...but we move on. Onwards and Upwards

Still Very dissapointed about losing the game considering how much we bossed the entire game, especially 2nd half. It was one of few games that I had an idea that we wouldn't get back into it, west ham played well organised with 10 men behind the ball all game (which obviously you have to do to beat us at our own ground) and just wore us out eventually. On another day, we win 5-2 but it just wasnt one of them days. Reminds me of when we lost at home to stoke last season at roughly the same point in the season. Agüero wasnt at his best at all but he's far from fit, Nevas was just frustrating with that final ball again, Yaya was just strolling as usual (how he is vice captain i'll never know), Kolorov and mangala have also had better games too.

No doubt we missed the creativity of Silva big time.

On a positive note, De Bruyne looked excellent once again with a good goal, good to see Otemendi settling into the Pace of the PL very quickly, though Dinho had a good game as well. Another positive is David might be back for the next league game(?)

On the whole, I'm absolutely gutted...didn't see this coming at all but we were due a reality check in some ways, and fuck me is it painful...but we move on. Onwards and Upwards

Just a little reminder to our players, that if they're not at the races for 90 MINUTES, then we will get punished.
Just a bit worrying that they KEEP needing these reminders/wake up calls.

One of those days you get in football unfortunately.

Kun off the boil, Sterling also, Merlin injured and Komps missing has made it difficult but 2nd half we threw the kitchen sink at them and but for some fantastic defending and a little luck we would have got something.

Big plus was KdB who is going to be incredible.

Still top and still a magnificent start to the season.

Exactly, although a loss is never good overall we played as well as the ref let us and still top.

Put it down as one of those games, think our game plan was fucked with a late Silva withdrawal.

Yaya tried so hard yesterday, just didn't have the luck go his way. He showed in that game though how dangerous he could be if played as a secondary striker, his technique and power creates chances out of the blue for himself.

Just a little reminder to our players, that if they're not at the races for 90 MINUTES, then we will get punished.
Just a bit worrying that they KEEP needing these reminders/wake up calls.
We can blame the timewasting (which was excessive and did seem to go un-noticed) but as you say, at the end of the day...we need to be on it all game or else you get punished by these kind of teams that are always up for it. I generally think this is yet ANOTHER backlash from that Chumps league again. We just need to get our arses in gear again like for the first few games.

We can blame the timewasting (which was excessive and did seem to go un-noticed) but as you say, at the end of the day...we need to be on it all game or else you get punished by these kind of teams that are always up for it. I generally think this is yet ANOTHER backlash from that Chumps league again. We just need to get our arses in gear again like for the first few games.

I'm sure we will. I want us to arrive at the swamp in full pomp ;-)

Winston Reid was immense. City will play a lot worse and win well. One of those days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.