Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

Freek result people 9/10 we win by 2 or 3 goals kdb looking amazing! Just hope it doesn't dent confidence and only makes the team more hungrier! time to start another 11 league games winning streak!

Yeah gutted too if we wouldn't of come out so sloppy and uninterested it would of been a different game because we actually played decent second half.

We need to bounce back from this and beat Sunderland and Spurs.

The one thing that pissed me off yesterday was subbing Sterling... even though he didn't play particular well it still give west ham something to worry about, and when he went off we didn't look the same.

How the fuck did Navas stay on? Anyone who thinks he's good enough to warrant a place in our first team needs to visit a shrink.

I don't blame any of the West Ham players for wasting in time bottom line it's about getting a result at a very difficult place. I blame the referee for not adding extra minutes in added time! If we went to Juventus went a goal up early and wasted time to win and a top spot in our group was up for grabs id say great effort and result if we ended up winning!

I thought we had two players who played well: De Bruyne and Demichelis. I don't buy this City will play worse and win.
I'm glad I don't watch it from your perspective, we were excellent in the second half, best we've played this season for me, but WHU managed to deflect/block everything we threw at them, can't legislate for that, on another day we could have won 5 or 6-2. The result was a disappointment, but shit happens.

As for the players what was wrong with Sagna, he played well again, as did Fernandhino, I thought Otamendi looked very good, didn't see much wrong with Mangala either. Not much Hart could do with the shot, I was right behind it, and as soon as Moses hit it, it was in, a perfect hit. Haven't seen the second again, but that just looked like our normal wank defending of corners, and something I've come to expect, other than that Hart had nothing much to do. Iheanacho looked very keen and sharp again.

A number didn't perform, Kolarov and Sterling weren't as effective (Sterling will frustrate as much as he excites, but I'm not going to get on his back), Navas and Aguero were awful, and both should have been taken off, Bony was next to useless when he came on (did he even touch the ball ?).

We're still top, and the other results were mostly OK for us staying there, not concerned, it wasn't a game like Burnley or Hull last year.

I have just watched recordings of Sky's review, MOTD reviews and MOTD2 Extra review of the match and I think Sky are a disgrace. The BBC rightly complimented the tenacity and defending of West Ham but balanced that against our enterprising attacking play whilst (again quite rightly) mentioning our lack of closing down. They then rightly concluded we were unlucky but West Ham played well. Sky focused on our two mistakes on the two goals let in the great defending of West Ham and that was IT (Thierry Henry is not a good pundit, calling him boring would be being nice about him). It is bad enough pampering to the Rag/Pool audience, but I doubt many of them were watching that then. Respect your paying audience Sky or you will lose them, there are a lot more non Rag/Pool supporters out there than Rag/Pool supporters).

as a West Ham fan im naturally over the moon about yesterday , proud of the defensive show we put up against a side that will win this division with ease , a few years ago during your dark days i made a point of taking my son to Maine rd before it closed for good , enjoyed sitting in that open corner and a great atmosphere in a 1-1 draw with Stockport County that in all honesty City were lucky to get away with , he came away loving everything about your club and took great pride in going to school in essex telling the plastic reds there was only one club in Manchester , it saddens me to read that people are "sick to the stomach" about losing to us yesterday , put a smile back on your faces look back to them dark days and see how far you have come . good luck for the rest of season .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.