Post Match Thread - United (h)

fair enough - I personally thing GUndogan has hugely underperfomred since day one but today had nothing to do with him...was just pointing uot the weaknsess of ur options on the bench....

Injuries are killing us smoewhat (esp Sane and Laporte) but tactically we aint right - the balnce in the team just aint there at present.

Gundogan’s knee injury has changed him as a player, and he certainly had a higher pedigree to him. However, I still consider him as a good contribution to the team.

I agree we have been found out tactically. Essentially teams know they just need to bring their bus and not mess around with the ball in their own half (just hoofing it up) and they will beat our current press. The bigger issue is that due to a lack of height in our attackers we can’t hurt teams aerially. We need a Lewandowski who can head the ball for a plan B. That is the only way we are going to break teams down better.

Stones doesn't even 'look' right imo.

Looks like he's been on an all dayer every time I see him.

Too busy looking after Ashley Young's new sprog of his recent new partner.

It appears he is the latest victim of an English player who thinks they have made it when they haven't.

Just because they earn a few top whack quid.

He needs a haircut, a shave and a fucking wash.

NBCSN reporting that the guy at the front in the red jumper and sleeveless jacket was hurling racial abuse also.
Disgraceful and makes us look like spoilt shits when things aren’t going right.

Monkey gestures the Neanderlithic cnunt at the front of 111 and really hope this will be his last ever attendance at our ground.

Nice season. Karen tell us how unlucky we are but actually we are playing the best football on earth etc... Whatever

We are 16 games in and I am trying to think how many games we have actually played well this year. I am thinking maybe three.

This team looks a shadow of that of the past two seasons. Yes, we have had some terrible injuries. Yes, we are missing the leadership of Vinny. But, more than that we have become slow and predictable. Teams have figured out how to defend and have learned that our Achilles Heel is that we are extremely susceptible to being hit on the break. Either, our defenders press so high up the pitch they leave acres of space behind them for the ball over the top or (like today) we concede the midfield allowing opponents to run at us at speed.

The squad needs surgery. Some of the older players need to go and either we give the youngsters like Garcia, Harwood-Bellis and Foden their chance or we have to go into the market. We need a left back, at least one central defender and a striker. We probably also still need a defensive midfielder. Fernandinho can’t last for ever and whilst it’s clear Rodri is a quality player I am concerned he doesn’t have the pace we need at this level.
Players are burned out. They are playing way to many games in a season plus international. Plus we have won so much last two seasons that it’s hard to motivate players especially when everything seems to be working against them ie var and refs

They wanted it more and mirrored what Chelsea did, quick transitions in triangles around our slow midfield.

I thought Rodri was again excellent but he needs runners and certainly not Dave in the same engine room.

As for Angelino, I'll say it again, whoever suggested he was worth bringing back must have been pissed. What a shocking player on so many levels.

Also time for Stones to leave, unreliable, both in terms of fitness and his lack of aggression.

Agree with most of that except for the Rodri bits, thought he was invisible in that 1st half, as he was at Anfield when we were two down. Then, in both games, suddenly reappears and looks like Ruud Gullit in midfield in the 2nd half when the match has gone.
Not convinced about him so far, lacks mobility but like you say, can look like a Rolls Royce of a player at times.

ffs! Get a grip.

Yes, it's a shit result, and we have no chance of catching the dippers, but last Tuesday Pep and the players were the best thing since sliced bread.

My first match was in 1961 and I've seen some real shit over the years.

Why doesn't Phil Foden start? It doesn't make sense.

Siting in the car park , dont know what to say . So slow , no pace, no tactics beaten by a team playing under12's tactics of hit it long to the 3 fast kids up front.
I dont know what's happen to us perhaps the last two season have knackered the team.
Dont understand why foden wasnt used I love David Sliva but he seems so predictable nowadays.
We didnt seem to have any pace until we scored . I am worried that something seems wrong at City, might be the players are fed up with being screwed over by VAR game after game , I know I am ......oh well a few beers than a long drive home tomorrow.

I feel it's deeper than that. I think of D. Silva leaving, Fern leaving, Sergio closer to the end, Kevin losing pace after two tough seasons, Sterling losing the David's link-up options, Bernardo not as productive as last season, the issues with the left back and centre backs, and so on. It just feels like there is a need for a major rebuild.

There is indeed. Kompany, Ferna, Dave and Sergio were the leaders and the heart of the team. We need new players and leaders. Can't happen immediately.

I understand why Dave started, but why did he finish the game? Pep hoped for some magic and it did never arrive. Given our position in the league, we better play the younger players more often. Dave remain an incredible person and legend but time can't stand still.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.