Post Match Thread - United (h)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by basokla, 7 Dec 2019.

1. HarrytheBlue

HarrytheBlue

Disagree, plenty of passion but no end product. 72 per cent possession and 22 attempts (twice as many as them). We gifted them a string of chances. Every opposing side looks like they’re going to score with every attack. That’s not a passion issue - it’s a midfield/defence cohesion issue.

2. Roachy

Roachy

Mate you would need to be 18ft tall to head most of our corners or crosses.

3. cookster

cookster

Very dysfunctional performance but not a one off.
    I think this season will be the last for a few players, David we know but the likes of Mendy, Angelino, Ota and Stones are not good enough. The jury is also out on Cancelo but he should be given more time.
    Lastly the myth that Diniho is a good CB needs putting to bed.

bavarian blue likes this.
  4. manimanc

manimanc

Ok zoomer.

5. stan bowles

stan bowles

And a bonehead challenge from Bernardo.

levets likes this.
  6. Sid C

Sid C

I wish I’d written that.

7. super_city_si

super_city_si

We have quality coming through that we need to start integrating wiht proper minutes. THB & Garcia should mean maybe 1 top quality CB right now, not a potential signing, top quality now. Foden can take over for Silva and we have Bernardo. We need ANOTHER left back (deja vu) and a striker plus a winger if / when Sane goes. 3 signings minimum

Cheadle_hulmeBlue likes this.
  8. half & half derby scarf

half & half derby scarf

Having seen the replays on MOTD, the Fred and Shaw handballs were stone wall penalties. It was a poor performance but we've been well and truly done by Taylor and VAR today

ballinio likes this.
  9. Bluekiwi

Bluekiwi

Team supported:
    Manchester City (from 1955) & Adelaide Crows (AFL)
    My wife has hidden my blood pressure tablets. So out into the pouring rain and dug up as many weeds as I could see in the garden.
    Reading many of the posts and the reports we were rubbish especially in defence.
    If Pep doesn't sort it out very soon I think the Club Statement that is currently on the OS will be saying something quite different than a racial incident.

10. Damanino

Damanino

If We had Maldini, Nesta, Cannavaro in their prime in defence it still doesnt mean opponents should have such a free ride trough our midfield to put pessure on defence. We should be super catious losing balls. We would need extreme 85-90% possession literally never give it away. As once we give it away one long ball can cause panic at the back.

Its another thing how Fernandinho, Stones, angelino, Mendy etc handling these situations, quite shit to be honest as Ederson are left to work with shots that are unchallenged most of the time unlike our shots which get blocked or we just 1/4th of a second to release a shot before they tackle, unlike shots against us where they have time to place the shot...

Defending in our system starts from the front by proper and relentless pressing. Thats how Barca started under Pep, same with Bayern and we were pretty good at this in Pep's second season.

aggressive, pressing, high energy etc.

That seems to have gone. The loss of the urge to win the ball back has a very bad effect on the team. Loss of intensity when we have the ball too. Makes us more predictable, less dangerous, forces us to try more desperate crossing without a tall target man.