Poznan Taking Over the CoMS

• Thread starter Deleted member 14625
  • Start date
All those Poles at COMS for a football match?

That's Cheetham Hill empty for the night then!

We're having alot of scary stories these days about our Europa League games. Poznan home and away will be fine and so will Turin. PSG came with a terrible reputation and nothing happened except abit of posing in the South Stand. We had tons of blues all over the stadium in Schalke and nothing happened because they didn't get all mardy when we scored and the blues went up. As someone else has mentioned, if you find a Pole sitting next to you, make them feel welcome and I'm sure you wont have any bother.

Danny Hoekman said:
bluestud said:
Just got off the phone to ticket office, they are waiting for go ahead from the Police to use some of the East Stand Upper and will then be contacting city ticketholders to relocate them!

Asking for trouble if they go through with it.

Why is it "asking for trouble" if this is the case? Do you mean the relocating of existing ticket holders or putting Poznan fans there? Don't see much of a problem either way.

Both really, putting thousands of potentially volatile away fans with a reputation for trouble above home fans on the 2nd and 1st tier doesn't sound like great idea to me.

Also its hardly great PR to ask people to move at this late stage and can see a lot of people not being happy about it.

Btw how can you be sure everything will be fine? Surely you assess each game individually and limit the opportunity for trouble accordingly?

bluestud said:
Danny Hoekman said:
Why is it "asking for trouble" if this is the case? Do you mean the relocating of existing ticket holders or putting Poznan fans there? Don't see much of a problem either way.

Both really, putting thousands of potentially volatile away fans with a reputation for trouble above home fans on the 2nd and 1st tier doesn't sound like great idea to me.

Also its hardly great PR to ask people to move at this late stage and can see a lot of people not being happy about it.

Btw how can you be sure everything will be fine? Surely you assess each game individually and limit the opportunity for trouble accordingly?

I can't see many people having a problem being moved as there will be plenty of spare seats around. As for the Poznan fans, I wasn't aware they had a reputation for trouble. A reputation for creating a good atmosphere perhaps. As with most clubs, there will no doubt be a few dicks amongst them. I stayed in Poznan when we played Groclin. I know we weren't playing Lech, but the locals were fine and generally had a laugh with us.

Dont understand giving them more tickets, lets give them more tickets to make more noise for there team to make them feel at home.

my mate can't get a ticket as he's just joined up before the newcastle game and hasn't got the 60 loyalty points required.

dannybcity said:
We're having alot of scary stories these days about our Europa League games. Poznan home and away will be fine and so will Turin. PSG came with a terrible reputation and nothing happened except abit of posing in the South Stand. We had tons of blues all over the stadium in Schalke and nothing happened because they didn't get all mardy when we scored and the blues went up. As someone else has mentioned, if you find a Pole sitting next to you, make them feel welcome and I'm sure you wont have any bother.

Tbf for PSG, armoured riot police, shields, 100 ripped up chairs and in fighting on the concourse... was a little bit more than posturing. But i agree, ther'll be little to no trouble and pretty much 99% of our fans will not see any trouble anywhere this season.

Why is this still being talked about?

I thought someone 5 pages ago said they hadnt yet sold their intial allocation of 1800 tickets. Even if they do then surely the solution is that any more will be put on the 2nd tier where the away fans usually sit and that was empty when Juve came.

Crowd will be back to the usual 25k for a European game with 2k or so from Poland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.