Pre Match Thread: League Cup Final v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit more confident about our prospects after last night! Having Kompany back makes a huge difference.

It would be a bonus if Navas was available again, so that we had more attacking options on the bench but it seems unlikely. At least we should have Bony back to give us another option if we're chasing the game late on.

It's going to be unpopular with many, but I think Caballero and Kolarov will start:

Caballero
Sagna
Kompany
Otamendi
Kolarov
Fernando
Toure
Fernandinho
Sterling
Silva
Aguero
utter utter madness if he does start either of them

It hopefully will be on Sunday evening ;-)

As the final whistle went at Wembley my teary eyed son looked up into my teary eyes and asked "Da, do you think Liverpool will ever win another cup?" I looked up to the sky in contemplation to be met by the tear drops of the 96, streaming down the inside of the neckline of my Signed Ian Rush shirt and trickling onto my heart. Suddenly, I was overpowered by a strange feeling of complete harmony. It was a perfect moment. The golden hue of the floodlights warmed the side of my face as the thunderous sound of Bluemoon became nothing but a murmur. A surge of hope, of love, of faith and belief consumed my very being.

I looked down into those teary eyes as he looked back into mine and I said

"Son, Next year is going to be our year. Now, let's go home and write some poetry"

As I waited for the plane home, I thought to myself, City may have the trophy, the money, the better looking fans, the better city, the better stadium, the present and the future but we have something special. We have that indomitable spirit of Shankly, of Paisley, of King Kenny, of Barnes, of Stevie, of Carra, of Babb and Collymore.

We have the dreams, we have the belief we have the knowledge that next year is our year and will always be our year right up until the time that it isn't, and until that fateful day when the only thing that can deny our dreams is cold hard facts and logic... It's the greatest feeling in the world. YWNA.

If a player needs one more game to win a premier league winners medal and we need a win in the last game but the score is 1-1, would pellers bring him on because of sentiment? No he wouldn't. So fuck sentiment Hart must play. If we're winning by 2 or losing by 2 bring him on for the last 20mins

utter utter madness if he does start either of them
If you sit down at the start of the season and say to the players that Joe has the shirt for the Premier League and the Champions League and Willy has the shirt for the Cups then you have to stick with it unless form dictates otherwise. He had one bad game. Joe has had bad games. When Hart has a bad game we dismiss it because we remember all the great games. Willy hasnt played enough for us to trust him

I'd start Kolarov and Zabaleta against Liverpool. They are both better going forward than Sagna and Clichy and there's not much in it defensively. Might as well take advantage of their rest in midweek.

Sure you are right. It's a huge decision for Pellers, the gentleman. For sure he knows exactly he shouldn't change a winning team. Joe seems to give the team more confidence, although it is difficult to compare as Cab did not play together with the current back line including Komps recently.

I really hope Pellers gets down to the compromise to start Joe but promising Cab to get in late in case of penalties.
Anyway, they have to win this trophy altogether, as a team. Including the keepers.
Joe can save penalties as a certain mr messi knows,willy should stay firmly on the bench

If a player needs one more game to win a premier league winners medal and we need a win in the last game but the score is 1-1, would pellers bring him on because of sentiment? No he wouldn't. So fuck sentiment Hart must play. If we're winning by 2 or losing by 2 bring him on for the last 20mins
even teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid rotate their keepers in League and the Champions League

If you sit down at the start of the season and say to the players that Joe has the shirt for the Premier League and the Champions League and Willy has the shirt for the Cups then you have to stick with it unless form dictates otherwise. He had one bad game. Joe has had bad games. When Hart has a bad game we dismiss it because we remember all the great games. Willy hasnt played enough for us to trust him

I'd start Kolarov and Zabaleta against Liverpool. They are both better going forward than Sagna and Clichy and there's not much in it defensively. Might as well take advantage of their rest in midweek.
Im sorry but Kolarov is utterly dreadful, not quite sure how he hasn't left after all these years. Clichy isn't perfect but is by far the superior left back out of the two.

Caballero is just a poor keeper, he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven.

Thought we finally had a bit of balance in the side last side night don't see why Pellegrini would want to change it, same team for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.