Premier League meeting to discuss salary cap?

Think someone said on another thread earlier that no club would actually break the cap based on current wages so probably not going to make any difference.

If all else fails, they can do some work for Al Jazira :)
This ^^^^

Also, they're proposing bringing in a new owner rule to allow for a specified period of accelerated investment, so they can compete, before the three year FFP monitoring period kicks in.

Absolute bollocks free market economy dont begrudge any sportsman or women the money they make.No one moans about Tom Cruise earning 20 - 50 mill a film.If you dont pay it someone will its like giving up your season ticket some one will pay the price for it.Each club has the ability to pay what they think a player is worth.If we put Erling up for sale there would be a queue a mile long to pay him 400 k a week.
That's the one thing I don't get, why are prices to watch football going up and up whilst the profits for clubs are huge because of TV deals etc.

The focus should be on making it a cheaper deal for fans.

This ^^^^

Also, they're proposing bringing in a new owner rule to allow for a specified period of accelerated investment, so they can compete, before the three year FFP monitoring period kicks in.
Hmm... I wonder who that would benefit???

Makes you wonder if they are going to try and force this through before any Rag's takeover.

That's the one thing I don't get, why are prices to watch football going up and up whilst the profits for clubs are huge because of TV deals etc.

The focus should be on making it a cheaper deal for fans.
The clubs won't make things cheaper when they are losing money hand over fist. They lose almost £1b a year combined.

Hmm... I wonder who that would benefit???

Makes you wonder if they are going to try and force this through before any Rag's takeover.
They're copying it from UEFA mate.

When the two Milanese clubs were struggling to be sold because of FFP, UEFA changed the rules to include a new owner clause, but made it watertight so Sheikh Mansour couldn't sell City to his "brother" & spend a billion on the squad. The sale had to be to an unrelated party.

When UEFA brought this rule in, City pointed out that this is EXACTLY what we did in 2009 & suggested should be the case for all teams going forward, but UEFA said rules was rules & we'd broken theirs... \0/

The clubs won't make things cheaper when they are losing money hand over fist. They lose almost £1b a year combined.

Do you remember that bollox when the BT deal was signed and it was reported that gate money was so small in comparison that they could have let fans in for free theoretically?

Absolute bollocks free market economy dont begrudge any sportsman or women the money they make.No one moans about Tom Cruise earning 20 - 50 mill a film.If you dont pay it someone will its like giving up your season ticket some one will pay the price for it.Each club has the ability to pay what they think a player is worth.If we put Erling up for sale there would be a queue a mile long to pay him 400 k a week.

I am not conflating the two things mate, what I am saying is that football costs too much it needs reigning in.

It's nonsense what is currently being suggested.
The wage cap would realistically have to be separated from cup competitions as no club knows how far they will get in the cups,so how could bonuses for winning such as CL be worked out.
Clubs that were not in Europe could max out their figure while those likely to go far would have to make adjustments, surely a non starter.
They'd possibly base the cap on the previous season. However if the following season was poor & you exited all the cup early, you'd have a higher wage bill, with lower return.

The only way it could work is if bonuses were added for cup success in addition to the basic wage & league bonuses. It could get seriously complicated...

It’s an entertainment business.
The biggest stars earn the biggest money because they generate the biggest money.
Not sure why there’s always the spotlight on what footballers earn, when other people in the entertainment industry get a free pass.
Covid being the perfect example of that.
There’s a reason the tv deals are worth billions, it because of the better players play the better football.
Ask the tv stations, the media and the premier league to put a cap on their salaries.
I’ll hazard a guess that this will be stacked towards the ‘bigger’ clubs, meaning they can spend a percentage on wages rather than an x amount cap.
Protect the history boys at all costs.

Do you remember that bollox when the BT deal was signed and it was reported that gate money was so small in comparison that they could have let fans in for free theoretically?
Yeah the rise in income was more than the gate receipts, however they still continue to make a loss overall with 75% in the red in their last accounts. That is why they continue to try and squeeze every penny they can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.