Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
I also just can't get why people think Pep automatically leaves once he wins the champions league. That's just an extension of the horseshit narrative that we aren't great till we have won the CL.

The day we win the CL, pep will want to try retain it. And win the supercups therafter. If we have failed to win the league at the time of winning it, he'll want to regain the league. If we have won both, he'd want to retain both.

Pep won't pack it in just because he has won something thinking, that'll do, it just is not who he is, and after 6 years of listsning to him tell us that over and over, we really should fucking know better.

Premier league first, then the champions league with it.

There hasn’t been a success league and champions league campaign from an English side since United in 2008. That, for me, is the way to win it. Leaving no doubt that you are the best team in Europe.

It would feel hollow winning the champions league whilst tossing off domestic cups and finishing 3rd, for example. Liverpool could be looking at their 3rd champions league win of the premier league era, but in those seasons they’ve finished 5th, 2nd and 2nd. That’s not the way to win it and must surely feel very hollow. I want us to win it whilst also winning the league, which is what this team deserves.

All day this.

Agree totally. It's our owners, our manager and our players who want and deserve it. I want it, for them.

The owners, manager and players have never once even Hinted that they want the CL over the PL. In fact they have repratedly claimed the opposite. And at no point have the owners or manager said anything to suggest 'that trophy is the one they really want'. It is just lazy fuckig narrative copied over from the chelsea/Abramovich era slapped onto ourselves and for some bizarre reason bought up by sections of fans.

It has never been and never will be either or. This whole 'they will never admit it but we all know they think it' stance the media have adopted can fuck right off.

The owners, manager and players have never once even Hinted that they want the CL over the PL. In fact they have repratedly claimed the opposite. And at no point have the owners or manager said anything to suggest 'that trophy is the one they really want'. It is just lazy fuckig narrative copied over from the chelsea/Abramovich era slapped onto ourselves and for some bizarre reason bought up by sections of fans.

It has never been and never will be either or. This whole 'they will never admit it but we all know they think it' stance the media have adopted can fuck right off.
Watch Grealish’s post match interview on Sunday. He says “there are many people here who are desperate to win the Champions League, but for me I wanted the Premier League”. Read comments like the one by Rodri “we waited eight months for this and in two minutes it was gone” after Madrid. I do think if you polled the players and the managerial staff on the one title they want for next season, the majority would vote the CL. The longer we don’t win, the longer the failures keep mounting, the higher that mountain will be to climb. It was extremely sad for me to see Aguero not win it in his last season with us and again this time with Fernandinho on his last try.

We just have to win it, whether we win the league along with it or not. It’s how I see it. In fact, with the smaller squad, choices may have to be made again.

Watching that video with the old timer with dementia who went to the game on Sunday and reading comments here by elderly fans who say they want to see us win it because we never know about tomorrow just makes me hope it’s this next season.

Watch Grealish’s post match interview on Sunday. He says “there are many people here who are desperate to win the Champions League, but for me I wanted the Premier League”. Read comments like the one by Rodri “we waited eight months for this and in two minutes it was gone” after Madrid. I do think if you polled the players and the managerial staff on the one title they want for next season, the majority would vote the CL. The longer we don’t win, the longer the failures keep mounting, the higher that mountain will be to climb. It was extremely sad for me to see Aguero not win it in his last season with us and again this time with Fernandinho on his last try.

We just have to win it, whether we win the league along with it or not. It’s how I see it. In fact, with the smaller squad, choices may have to be made again.

Watching that video with the old timer with dementia who went to the game on Sunday and reading comments here by elderly fans who say they want to see us win it because we never know about tomorrow just makes me hope it’s this next season.
Finally, an honest post on the superiority of the UCL.

I don't doubt or deny they want to win it, of course they do, desperately even, I agree. And I obviously want us to win it too.

Not at the expense of the PL though, is what I said. Nobody has ever even hinted at that. It is an odd assumption we have for some reason attached to it, but there has been nothing from.anyone at the club to suggeat it.

Finally, an honest post on the superiority of the UCL.
I’m not arguing for the superiority of the UCL but rather for its importance. I keep looking back at Pep’s extraordinary Bayern team, which won everything domestically, breaking records etc, but it isn’t appreciated the way it should be because he never won the UCL there, it’s as simple as that (in fact, never reached the final, which he’s done with us). And ultimately, if in his time with us he doesn’t win it, outside of our fan base and maybe the English general public, this era will not receive the long term recognition it deserves. I think the only country that has a portion of the public putting the league above the UCL is England, but everywhere else it’s the opposite, and that’s also how they interpret success. I can tell that our fans here in Brazil are desperate to see us win that cup. Right now Pep has one year left on the contract and I don’t think we will know about a decision to extend or not anytime soon, so for me we have to go all in for the UCL next season no matter if it costs us elsewhere, and us the fans have to get behind it.

Can't even begin to describe how gutted I was at us not winning it with Aguero, in his last game I believe he should have played much longer in. And other times we crashed out of the competition.

But there isn't a single time I could ever contemplate thinking, I'd trade this year's league title for this. And can't in the future either. I don't begrudge any fan that does. I will argue with their insinuation that the team, manager and owners do though. At least until one of them actually says otherwise.

I’d be curious to see what the fans would prefer if Pep came out tomorrow and announced that his next season would be his last with us. I have a feeling that many who voted PL on the poll would choose CL for him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.