Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Seeing Liverpool win another CL won't bother me in the slightest ( as long as they aren't beating us in the final) , seeing them win the title though would irritate the fcuk out of me

United have three times in almost 50 years of competing,

Er, that's not really right, Tolm. Far be it from me to defend the rags, but it just isn't. United competed for two years 56-58. They then didn't participate until the mid-sixties: 65-66, 67-68, then 68-69 purely by virtue of having won it. That is, three times in that decade. They then disappear completely from the competition in its old, European Cup format, for obvious reasons. They then participate from 93 onwards, and yes, they are in most (but not quite all) seasons, thanks to the new format. And even in the last decade, there have been three seasons when they weren't in it (and no guarantee whatsoever of them being in it at the end of this season, of course).

What if it's Liverpool who knock us out of the CL and go on to win it?

1 league title and 2 CLs for Klopp's Liverpool will be considered a better achievement than 4 league titles and several domestic cups for Pep's City.

A CL trophy is more important to the players and the club than another PL title, even if we have to go through the pain of losing the PL to Liverpool. And rightly so. But I think we are going to win both :)

League all day long.

The CL is a glorified FA Cup.

I dont get, winning the CL means you are the best in Europe but finish 25 point your counties league winners. You arent the best in your country but the best in Europe ?!.
Next we will be saying that the winners of the fa cup are the best team in England.

I haven't voted, but it might have been interesting to add a third option (since we are in the realm of hypotheses, here):

Win the Champion's League, and someone other than Liverpool win the Premier League (assuming of course that United are completely out of the running).
I strongly suspect that it would have significantly altered the results of the poll. Might not have turned it round, but it would have changed it.

League all day long.

The CL is a glorified FA Cup.

I dont get, winning the CL means you are the best in Europe but finish 25 point your counties league winners. You arent the best in your country but the best in Europe ?!.
Next we will be saying that the winners of the fa cup are the best team in England.

It will be the logic of Liverpool win it, a thought for the day though. Liverpool have finished above City once in the last decade, we are in a position they would want in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.