Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
United have three times in almost 50 years of competing, Liverpool 'only' six, for similar lifespan.

We have been more than competing in the Champions League for just ten years.

Nottingham Forest, Villa, both have won it, but it counts for little apart from snide boasting.

The Premier League must always come first for me, anything else is a bonus.

It shows you are the best.

Just as Chelsea aren't the best team in the world for winning the Club World Cup.

That's really difficult. It's inevitable we will the Champions League sooner rather than later but I really want to win now, to get the monkey off our back. However, after going so far ahead in the league, if we let it slip now, we wouldn't hear the end of it. Especially if Liverpool won it.

Premier League for me. We'll win the Champions League again.

I actually suspect that as well and thought about posting the same. People are managing their own expectations by pretending it's "league all the way". Also putting up a defensive barrier due to the barbs from other clubs every time we don't win it.

The city and club would explode in joy if we won it. Can you imagine? Kings of Europe. The end of the journey. No more barbs and pisstaking. Pep and our players at the pinnacle of their careers. There is no way that winning the league again compares to that simply because we've done it so many times.
you're forgetting empty seats and net spend

CL for one year only to get the monkey off our backs. The only thing that makes it difficult is the stipulation that the dippers would win the PL rather than anyone else.
PL every other year.

If we win the league this year it will be nice, I'll cheer, feel happy and maybe go for a few beers and sing a few songs and watch the deciding game on replay that night.

If we win the Champions League this year I will probably cry, will ring every blue I know and scream down the phone, I'll hug my family, I'll be euphoric for days, weeks even, will spend days and days watching every angle, every clip, every celebration. I'll It will feel like the pinnacle of 45 years support, as good as 2012 did. Possibly better.

How you feel is of course up to you but I'll put it another way. I cannot fathom how anybody who professes to loves the club does not feel the same way.
Guess you can‘t fathom 80% of our fan base then, given the poll results at the top!

Imagine a world where we win the treble this season, and dust off the Community Shield, European Super Cup and Club World Cup.

Pep will have won everything at City, he'll have won 16 trophies at City, 37 overall, second only to Ferguson's 49 but in 14 years of management not 39.

What are they going to write about? What's going to fill the hours on podcasts and talk radio? Will we just be allowed to enjoy how a season is going without Pep being asked if he's sad he's never won the CL with City, or if we're going to win the treble if we're in all 3 comps?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.