Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Bill,

Post that on RAWK please. Then sit back and read the pot of Scouse boiling over.

I'd go for UCL, only because I think its an unbelievable achievement to conquer Europe without a striker, and why Pep's 2011 Barca is the greatest team of all time. The players are definitely more hungry for a UCL, and for players like KDB and Ferna to be mentioned among the greats, they need to have won the Chumps. 1 UCL and KDB rises above Lampard and Gerrard and takes the spot as the League's greatest midfielder.

I'd go for UCL, only because I think its an unbelievable achievement to conquer Europe without a striker, and why Pep's 2011 Barca is the greatest team of all time. The players are definitely more hungry for a UCL, and for players like KDB and Ferna to be mentioned among the greats, they need to have won the Chumps. 1 UCL and KDB rises above Lampard and Gerrard and takes the spot as the League's greatest midfielder.
James Milner. He's won the CL.

personally it would be the chumps league for me only because its one less of the multitude of reasons we get thrown at us every year regarding success.
it doesnt matter what the mighty blues do there will always be something those so called arch enemies the rags and dippers who conveniently join forces, the media,uefa etc.
we are living the dream and so may it continue fuck em

It is a stupid selection of alternatives.

City could have the PL in the bag before a meaningful European challenge arises.

This will not arise before April 5/6.

City can win both.

1 you don’t have to be really good over 38 games just better than the opposition of varying ability most of the time
2 we really don’t owe anyone anything it’s not been done for your or my benefit. We have been lucky that their ambition has been attached to our club rather than another one. It will however be a shame if the owners fans and players don’t get that satisfaction of winning the most prestigious competition. I would have loved Sergio to get his hands on it.

Fingers crossed we get it this year and the league as well being a greedy twat that I am.
Ha ha I agree about BOTH trophies and Kun especially. I do think you have a point — it’s just you have to be a different kind of good. I think over 38 matches you have to win, what, 2.3 points per match, to win the title. Whereas in CL it’s probably 2 per match for the first 12 matches and 3 in the final but as in any cup you MUST win specific matches.

I mean in the end sport is entertainment and winning is entertaining and we pay to watch City win so technically we owe them nothing, but it’s separate from that. I feel like just like an actor winning an award for being best in a role I want our owners and players to be happy because they’ve made me happy, and they deserve it, so it’s “owe” on a human level.

4 to 1 for the PL in the poll.

I'm sure the marketing department at City are noting the poll vote.

I thought that too, the media will be all over this.

genuinely shocked really, didn’t expect this many to prefer the premier league over the champions league. It’s a nice debate and plenty of valid points from people on here.

I voted for the prem again, it's THE best and hardest trophy to win over a 38 game season against some very competitive teams. There's a huge amount of luck involved in a knock out competition but over the 38 games luck evens itself out. After they watered down the European Cup and it became the bloated thing it is now. I do not see how top 3/4 places earn you a place in the CHAMPIONS league. Dont get me wrong, I'd love City to win it but its not the be all and end all for me, but saying that we need that monkey off our backs and it'll take alot of the bullshit said about us in the media away and I do think that once we win it we'll go on a Madrid type run of maybe finals and wins for the next few years after out first. I'd love us to be the first English team to win both league and CL for 3/4 consecutive seasons,really stamp home our domination and rightly deserved title of best team in the land, which is exactly what Pep and this team deserve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.