Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
PL everytime. Being the best over 38 games. Though I do want to win the CL, largely down to part of me being curious to see if finally they'll finally recognise the 4 times in 5 PL champions 5 in 6 LC holders, Only team to reach 100pts and domestic quadruple winning squad are actually one of the best teams to grace this league.

At the start of every season I’ll always put the league first. That said,it’s fucking time we finally won the CL. It’s the only stick left to beat us with and I’d like to take said stick and wrap it around the critics heads.

I was gutted after Porto, gutted again losing to Madrid, the Villa game was a high almost as great as 93:20, but for me it’s a festering sore that we haven’t won the champions league.

Premier league , but would like to win just ONE Champs league to shut up the detractors , but i supect when we do win our first Champs league we will then dominate european football whilst Pep is at our club.
Amusing that the media and pundits in general consider Arsenal a great footbal club with tradition but they have never won a Champs league either , and yet we are the upstarts despite outclassing every other Premier league club for over a decade.
Back in 1970 when this journey started for me, Arsenal had won 10 major trophies and we had 8.
So not that far behind.

Since 1970 we've won the league 6 times - the same as Arsenal.
They've won a few more FA Cups than us
We've won a few more League Cups than them
We've managed 2 CL Semi-finals + 1 Final. - better than them with 1+1
They did catch up our CWC success by winning it once like us..

That's it. Must mean we are a great football club with tradition as well :)

Whilst I went to the Dortmund game and enjoyed the win, it still felt just like a day out with less riding on it if that makes sense.

Likewise but there was less riding on it. If we drew or lost we still qualify for the k/o stage.
The big k/o games are brilliant - always fantastic atmosphere and lots riding on it!

I'm in the desperate to win it camp.
But the league is and always will be the priority. Only 3 league games left when the CL semi finals kick-in.So we might as well win the league first.

Every year that passes i become less concerned about whether we win the CL or not. I don't judge how successful we are on whether we win the FA cup or the League cup or not so why should i judge it on another cup competition.

Entering it as champions of our domestic league is real success. The fact that we're favourites for it every year ergo most people think we're the best team in Europe and therefore the world is proof of how successful we are.

I say it most years recently that we will win it, as we have been the best team about in my eyes,but that cl is a strange competion,the reffs definetly ruin it ,i actually think with the big man up top is a deal breaker,and it could be our year,prem is ours this year ,were just going to be far too strong,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.