Premier League Years 2013/14

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
karen7 said:
I have watched the first 45mins and it seems ok to me except the 6-3 win against the arses mentioned in a couple of secs and only showed yaya's penalty,that is odd given it was one of the games of the season
In answer to which other goals of ours they could have shown,well there was 6 there for a start and 3 in the derby at home they didn't show
Certainly they are not making much of the thrashings we handed out
I didnt really expect much more from sky
They only showed one goal for the 6-3 because the images for that game are owned by BT Sports and can't show any more than they did.

And they did that with a number games, not just ours. They only showed one Liverpool goal against Arsenal in the 5-1 win.

I accept your argument about rights, Blue but, if you're only allowed to show one goal (or, more likely, so many seconds overall) why pick a routine penalty instead of any one of the other five which we scored from one play? Surely, you agree that Fernandinho's effort was more worthy of a re- viewing than a half-bored looking Yaya slotting home from the penalty spot?

Also, Yaya's goal v Villa will be remembered some day as one of the most iconic goals of the Premier League era but you'd never know it from this programme's showing. If ever there was a programme that clearly evidenced their pro Sky 4 bias, this is it.
On a side note, they're gutted we won it (wait a fortnight until they start telling the world we need to win it again but "convincingly" to really be considered "true champions" (as if 102 goals & a league cup, to boot, didn't convince them) or some other, similar nonsense and then get back to me.

mad4city said:
karen7 said:
I have watched the first 45mins and it seems ok to me except the 6-3 win against the arses mentioned in a couple of secs and only showed yaya's penalty,that is odd given it was one of the games of the season
In answer to which other goals of ours they could have shown,well there was 6 there for a start and 3 in the derby at home they didn't show
They only showed one goal for the 6-3 because the images for that game are owned by BT Sports and can't show any more than they did.

And they did that with a number games, not just ours. They only showed one Liverpool goal against Arsenal in the 5-1 win.

I accept your argument about rights, Blue but, if you're only allowed to show one goal (or, more likely, so many seconds overall) why pick a routine penalty instead of any one of the other five which we scored from one play? Surely, you agree that Fernandinho's effort was more worthy of a re- viewing than a half-bored looking Yaya slotting home from the penalty spot?

Also, Yaya's goal v Villa will be remembered some day as one of the most iconic goals of the Premier League era but you'd never know it from this programme's showing. If ever there was a programme that clearly evidenced their pro Sky 4 bias, this is it.
On a side note, they're gutted we won it (wait a fortnight until they start telling the world we need to win it again but "convincingly" to really be considered "true champions" (as if 102 goals & a league cup, to boot, didn't convince them) or some other, similar nonsense and then get back to me.

Great post

I really enjoyed watching the end of that today .
It brightened up my day anyway .
Listening to a bit of ThinLizzy now .
Life couldn't get any better .
Roll on next season .
Where destroying Ac Milan now
Wow .

Tricky_Trev said:
Suarez scores a hat-trick... show all 3 goals. On the same day, Yaya scored a hat-trick... just show 1 goal.

Just watched this last night on record. As mentioned earlier think it had something to do with the BT sports rights. However to balance the piece they did show three of Suarez goals, but no replays so a total of 3 clips. They only showed yaya once but then showed 2 further replays a total of 3 clips.

Considering that they could only show one goal I think they showed the replays to try to balance it out ;)

If you want to see if there is a basis for how biased Sky are against us then someone should time how much screen time Us and the Scousers get.

If they get more then theres your answer.

By the way the program lasts about an hour and half so good luck anyone that wants to do that.....

GX Blue said:
If you want to see if there is a basis for how biased Sky are against us then someone should time how much screen time Us and the Scousers get.

By the way the program lasts about an hour and half so good luck anyone that wants to do that.....

Already quoted earlier in the thread m8

"The hard facts suggest there is no particular bias against City and no agenda IMO. The following totals exclude the final day where we obviously had more coverage than Liverpool.

CITY Games 21 W14 D1 L6 F34 A15 Game time 16 minutes

LIVERPOOL Games 21 W13 D2 L6 F36 A19 Game time 16 minutes

UNITED Games 20 W9 D2 L9 F19 A20 Game time 13 minutes

CHELSEA Games 14 W9 D1 L4 F20 A6 Game time 11 minutes

ARSENAL Games 11 W6 D1 L4 F8 A8 Game time 5 minutes"

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
GX Blue said:

Already quoted earlier in the thread m8

"The hard facts suggest there is no particular bias against City and no agenda IMO. The following totals exclude the final day where we obviously had more coverage than Liverpool.

CITY Games 21 W14 D1 L6 F34 A15 Game time 16 minutes

LIVERPOOL Games 21 W13 D2 L6 F36 A19 Game time 16 minutes

UNITED Games 20 W9 D2 L9 F19 A20 Game time 13 minutes

CHELSEA Games 14 W9 D1 L4 F20 A6 Game time 11 minutes

ARSENAL Games 11 W6 D1 L4 F8 A8 Game time 5 minutes"

I see, well there we go then. Cheers mate.

The most prevailing thought I have from this is the most obviously biased commentaries from Sky .

I know this is an old chestnut that has been rolled out many times before but.... Listen to Martyn Tyler when we score against Liverpool and when they score against us in the same game. It is cringeworthily embarrassing .

Then listen to the commentary v Everton when they score (what is admittedly a great Barclay goal) the commentary is orgasmic... When Sergio scores... Absolutely flat, no emotion, no joy, no celebration, as it was AK and Edin scored.

Don't just dismiss these comments, you listen to those commentaries and tell me "they" didn't want Liverpool to win the league.

Felt quite deflated.... That said, F**k 'em. But trust me, watch those short clips, it is quite literally criminal. Seriously considering cancelling my sky sports subscription... Can get it all on line anyway!

mad4city said:
karen7 said:

You lot on this forum have jumped the shark these days.

Truly incredible post. Like a lot these days, it's actually hard to tell whether it's a pisstake.

BigJoe#1 said:
The most prevailing thought I have from this is the most obviously biased commentaries from Sky .

I know this is an old chestnut that has been rolled out many times before but.... Listen to Martyn Tyler when we score against Liverpool and when they score against us in the same game. It is cringeworthily embarrassing .

Then listen to the commentary v Everton when they score (what is admittedly a great Barclay goal) the commentary is orgasmic... When Sergio scores... Absolutely flat, no emotion, no joy, no celebration, as it was AK and Edin scored.

Don't just dismiss these comments, you listen to those commentaries and tell me "they" didn't want Liverpool to win the league.

Felt quite deflated.... That said, F**k 'em. But trust me, watch those short clips, it is quite literally criminal. Seriously considering cancelling my sky sports subscription... Can get it all on line anyway!

Yeah i said that on the last page mate. Agree with you 100%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.