Premier League Years 2013/14

GX Blue said:
BigJoe#1 said:
The most prevailing thought I have from this is the most obviously biased commentaries from Sky .

I know this is an old chestnut that has been rolled out many times before but.... Listen to Martyn Tyler when we score against Liverpool and when they score against us in the same game. It is cringeworthily embarrassing .

Then listen to the commentary v Everton when they score (what is admittedly a great Barclay goal) the commentary is orgasmic... When Sergio scores... Absolutely flat, no emotion, no joy, no celebration, as it was AK and Edin scored.

Don't just dismiss these comments, you listen to those commentaries and tell me "they" didn't want Liverpool to win the league.

Felt quite deflated.... That said, F**k 'em. But trust me, watch those short clips, it is quite literally criminal. Seriously considering cancelling my sky sports subscription... Can get it all on line anyway!

Yeah i said that on the last page mate. Agree with you 100%
listen when Sergio scores a screamer at Chelsea.....tyler is distraught....
the bias is all too frequent for it to be a one off.....
wankers the lot of them.

GX Blue said:
Martin Tyler is an absolute biased disgrace.

The Liverpool match is incredible how unprofessional he is.
I’m not bothered if he doesn’t like us but at least do your job correctly.

The Everton match too when Aguero scores and then when Dzeko bags he couldnt be more peed off.

Stupid silly twat.

Absolutely agree, I just posted the same thing (before I read this post) I know people complained last season... But when they are cut together in close timings it sounds absolutely dreadful.... very very embarrassing, I am seriously contemplating jacking in my sky sports subscription.

It was really really woeful.

Didsbury Dave said:
mad4city said:
I accept your argument about rights, Blue but, if you're only allowed to show one goal (or, more likely, so many seconds overall) why pick a routine penalty instead of any one of the other five which we scored from open play? Surely, you agree that Fernandinho's effort was more worthy of a re- viewing than a half-bored looking Yaya slotting home from the penalty spot?

Also, Yaya's goal v Villa will be remembered some day as one of the most iconic goals of the Premier League era but you'd never know it from this programme's showing. If ever there was a programme that clearly evidenced their pro Sky 4 bias, this is it.
On a side note, they're gutted we won it (wait a fortnight until they start telling the world we need to win it again but "convincingly" to really be considered "true champions" (as if 102 goals & a league cup, to boot, didn't convince them) or some other, similar nonsense and then get back to me.

You lot on this forum have jumped the shark these days.

Truly incredible post. Like a lot these days, it's actually hard to tell whether it's a pisstake.

You're right, of course. We're all wrong except you.

Feel better?
Great.

mad4city said:
Didsbury Dave said:
mad4city said:
I accept your argument about rights, Blue but, if you're only allowed to show one goal (or, more likely, so many seconds overall) why pick a routine penalty instead of any one of the other five which we scored from open play? Surely, you agree that Fernandinho's effort was more worthy of a re- viewing than a half-bored looking Yaya slotting home from the penalty spot?

Also, Yaya's goal v Villa will be remembered some day as one of the most iconic goals of the Premier League era but you'd never know it from this programme's showing. If ever there was a programme that clearly evidenced their pro Sky 4 bias, this is it.
On a side note, they're gutted we won it (wait a fortnight until they start telling the world we need to win it again but "convincingly" to really be considered "true champions" (as if 102 goals & a league cup, to boot, didn't convince them) or some other, similar nonsense and then get back to me.

Truly incredible post. Like a lot these days, it's actually hard to tell whether it's a pisstake.

Feel better?
Great.

You think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't share your embarrassing persecution complex?

Scary.

Didsbury Dave said:
mad4city said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Feel better?
Great.

You think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't share your embarrassing persecution complex?

Scary.

Oh, stop being such a drama queen. Persecution complex? Seriously?
Scary? Really?
What a strange concept of context you have.

But hey, I'll say it again, you're absolutely right. We're lucky to have you aboard. We really are.
Sure, you regularly fail to construct anything like a considered argument to support your denial of media bias and you repeatedly resort to boorish bluster and the repitition of buzz words and phrases ("jumped the shark"? Which are you, twelve or Californian?) but never mind all that. You're welcome in my book, if only because you make me laugh. No matter how many incidents are highlighted you repeatedly ignore the issue at hand and just attempt to ridicule the messenger. It's laughably predictable and woefully inept as a debating tactic but, you know, somehow, it doesn't half tickle me. You're like the Comical Ali of the bias deniers. You really are.
I wouldn't mind if you ever offered constructive criticism or considered counter-argument but you seem to be serially incapable of either. There are loads of others around here that do. And fair play to them. It's all about opinions, after all. You, on the other hand, just seem to espouse the contrary position without reason or at least, articulation thereof.
But hey, if it makes you feel clever to have a pop at me, as we say around my way: tear away, me mother's a dressmaker.

I wouldn't argue that there was a world of difference between Tyler's reaction to the goals at Liverpool. Tyler was caught up in the Hillsborough anniversary narrative. That's his problem, not bias. He just loves to be part of a big drama. City peeing on Liverpool's big day wouldn't have appealed to him.

I often thought that the commentators muted reaction to many City goals was matched by City fans. So many of our goals were that good they looked just too simple and easy. One second it looked like we were just playing the ball around harmlessly, then it was nestling in the back of the net. The reaction of people around me was "Oh, we've scored", with a delayed reaction before they started celebrating. Goals at Liverpool, Everton, Spurs particularly fell into that category.

mad4city said:
Didsbury Dave said:
mad4city said:

Feel better?
Great.

Scary.

Oh, stop being such a drama queen. Persecution complex? Seriously?
Scary? Really?
What a strange concept of context you have.

But hey, I'll say it again, you're absolutely right. We're lucky to have you aboard. We really are.
Sure, you regularly fail to construct anything like a considered argument to support your denial of media bias and you repeatedly resort to boorish bluster and the repitition of buzz words and phrases ("jumped the shark"? Which are you, twelve or Californian?) but never mind all that. You're welcome in my book, if only because you make me laugh. No matter how many incidents are highlighted you repeatedly ignore the issue at hand and just attempt to ridicule the messenger. It's laughably predictable and woefully inept as a debating tactic but, you know, somehow, it doesn't half tickle me. You're like the Comical Ali of the bias deniers. You really are.
I wouldn't mind if you ever offered constructive criticism or considered counter-argument but you seem to be serially incapable of either. There are loads of others around here that do. And fair play to them. It's all about opinions, after all. You, on the other hand, just seem to espouse the contrary position without reason or at least, articulation thereof.
But hey, if it makes you feel clever to have a pop at me, as we say around my way: tear away, me mother's a dressmaker.

"jumped the shark" is reference to "Happy Days" and how it went downhill beginning with the episode where Fonzy (hhhhheeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy) jumps a shark on water skis. you should have asked are you 12 or the fan of a crap 70's and 80's sitcom or just a cock.

manimanc said:
GX Blue said:
BigJoe#1 said:
The most prevailing thought I have from this is the most obviously biased commentaries from Sky .

I know this is an old chestnut that has been rolled out many times before but.... Listen to Martyn Tyler when we score against Liverpool and when they score against us in the same game. It is cringeworthily embarrassing .

Then listen to the commentary v Everton when they score (what is admittedly a great Barclay goal) the commentary is orgasmic... When Sergio scores... Absolutely flat, no emotion, no joy, no celebration, as it was AK and Edin scored.

Don't just dismiss these comments, you listen to those commentaries and tell me "they" didn't want Liverpool to win the league.

Felt quite deflated.... That said, F**k 'em. But trust me, watch those short clips, it is quite literally criminal. Seriously considering cancelling my sky sports subscription... Can get it all on line anyway!

Yeah i said that on the last page mate. Agree with you 100%
listen when Sergio scores a screamer at Chelsea.....tyler is distraught....
the bias is all too frequent for it to be a one off.....
wankers the lot of them.

Tyler is an Arsenal fan and a ****

pirate said:
"jumped the shark" is reference to "Happy Days" and how it went downhill beginning with the episode where Fonzy (hhhhheeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy) jumps a shark on water skis. you should have asked are you 12 or the fan of a crap 70's and 80's sitcom or just a cock.

Don't bad mouth happy Days. Some of the happiest 'alone-time moments' of my early teens were dedicated to Joanie Cunningham.
:-)

mad4city said:
pirate said:

Don't bad mouth happy Days. Some of the happiest 'alone-time moments' of my early teens were dedicated to Joanie Cunningham.
:-)
First time I've heard it described like that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.