Problem with 'new' fans

What i dont like about city fans. If we lose a game, you cant be on this forum for the next 3 days because of all the moaning. to lose is part of the game, if you cant handle it then you may find another hobby that suits you better.

zeven said:
What i dont like about city fans. If we lose a game, you cant be on this forum for the next 3 days because of all the moaning. to lose is part of the game, if you cant handle it then you may find another hobby that suits you better.
well said, spot on.

nashark said:
hisroyalblueness said:
IMO; a very weak argument used in an attempt to justify blinkered jingoistic attitudes. . . if there was some kind of over-riding rule that said a football fan simply had to support their most locally placed football team then you'd be out there supporting your local pub side wouldn't you.

Think about it - then put your view. If you're still convinced as to your argument you'll be out there shouting for the Bay Horse Wanderers for sure and not bothering with the Blues eh?

Utter nonesence; On the basis that unless you live on the doorstep of the CoMS there must be a football team of some description every half mile between you and Mancherster City then the blues must be quite far down your priority listing of local teams who must (according to the laws in your head) be supported in the first instance.

The Bay Horse
The Golden Lion
The Bricklayers Arms
The St Hopes under 11's / under 12's / under 13's etc.
The local youth club
The Legion
The Labour Club 1st and 2nd 11's
etc, etc, etc.

Please get real and try to understand that supporting a football team has sweet fa to do with absolute proximity to their ground. If it did then you'd be too busy supporting all the teams between you and CoMS and we'd have lost our support when we moved from Maine Rd.

Doh!

I support my local team as well as City. Try again.

Your piss weak argument was about proximity = support.
You don't do it yourself or (by your proximity rule you'd need to support all you local teams in proximity order.

Added thought is that you're not the ruler of the known universe so your small minded bleat does nothing to stop City fans being City fans regardless of where they live. . . nuff said eh?

PS. I don't mind you having a weird opinion - I'm just pointing out how weird it is. Made me laugh anyhow (thanks).

hisroyalblueness said:
nashark said:
Utter nonesence; On the basis that unless you live on the doorstep of the CoMS there must be a football team of some description every half mile between you and Mancherster City then the blues must be quite far down your priority listing of local teams who must (according to the laws in your head) be supported in the first instance.

The Bay Horse
The Golden Lion
The Bricklayers Arms
The St Hopes under 11's / under 12's / under 13's etc.
The local youth club
The Legion
The Labour Club 1st and 2nd 11's
etc, etc, etc.

Please get real and try to understand that supporting a football team has sweet fa to do with absolute proximity to their ground. If it did then you'd be too busy supporting all the teams between you and CoMS and we'd have lost our support when we moved from Maine Rd.

Doh!

I support my local team as well as City. Try again.

Your piss weak argument was about proximity = support.
You don't do it yourself or (by your proximity rule you'd need to support all you local teams in proximity order.

Added thought is that you're not the ruler of the known universe so your small minded bleat does nothing to stop City fans being City fans regardless of where they live. . . nuff said eh?

PS. I don't mind you having a weird opinion - I'm just pointing out how weird it is. Made me laugh anyhow (thanks).

Do you know where I live?

Think first and then ask: is my argument based on complete guesswork? If my guesswork is wrong, do I look like a ****?

My point is - I find it strange that someone from Stockport does not support Stockport County. Stockport County most powerfully represent the culture of Stockport - and the culture from which a person from Stockport comes from. Hence my argument, a person from Stockport should support Stockport County. Do you follow?

zeven said:

I'd say it's you who needs another sport then because all football fans do it, not just City.

If they help to increase the profile of the club I don't particularly mind. Saying that if i was to be called a glory supporter in future, i would find it annoying.

To the ones jumping on the bandwagon, let them. When we do finally win something, it will mean far more to the real fans who've stuck with the club through thick and thin.

nashark said:
itsnevereasy said:
I now live in Warrington, got to say that the standard of Warrington Town is fairly poor...

It shouldn't matter. It's about supporting your community and its local club.

Well it does matter because I grew up being taken to watch City many years ago hence my love for the club. I left Manchester and because of that I should go and support a team that I have never had an interest in, just because I live local to them.

Maybe I should go watch the local pub as that is even closer.

I'm a 'new'ish fan in that I wasn't really interested in football until I came to uni. If someone asked me what team i supported I'd say Liverpool because that's who my mum supports :/

Being from Greater Manchester there was only ever gonna be one team to choose when I did become proper interested in footy, and that's city.

What really got me excited was the mural with bobby and the boys that read 'be part of it'. That summed it all up for me.

itsnevereasy said:
nashark said:
It shouldn't matter. It's about supporting your community and its local club.

Well it does matter because I grew up being taken to watch City many years ago hence my love for the club. I left Manchester and because of that I should go and support a team that I have never had an interest in, just because I live local to them.

Maybe I should go watch the local pub as that is even closer.

My point doesn't really apply to you as you're a Manc in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.