Prostate cancer

i thought 100% that i would be able to just put it out of my mind and carry on, i'm not really a worrier on the whole, i usually just forget and move on, i think i need to stop reading the same stuff over and over
Very difficult indeed. You just have to a make your decision and stick with it. Don’t revisit it unless and until facts/advice changes. You have to keep reminding yourself you are in a great position in the circumstances with a good prognosis. Best of luck blue, I’m sure you’ll make the right call.

Minor update for me. Had my first blood tests since starting hormone therapy and taking the Abiraterone. PSA has gone down from 23 at diagnosis to 0.12. No surprise but it’s nice to have confirmation that the treatment is doing its stuff (as if all the hot flushes weren’t already telling me this!)

I think it's ok.... touch wood and all that. I can't be arsed with more appointments. That's my social life right now...meeting people in waiting rooms. haha.
I have been using the nhs a lot over the past couple of months as well, i want a period of calm now, lol

Following my scan last week they have called me in for a biopsy tomorrow. I appreciate all the quick responses but the speed of it all does play on my mind. I know I just have to go through all the stages until I reach some point of firm diagnosis.
My thoughts go out to everyone on this board wherever you are on your pathway. Stick to it chaps.

Following my scan last week they have called me in for a biopsy tomorrow. I appreciate all the quick responses but the speed of it all does play on my mind. I know I just have to go through all the stages until I reach some point of firm diagnosis.
My thoughts go out to everyone on this board wherever you are on your pathway. Stick to it chaps.
Good luck with this. One way or another, speedy responses are what you need.

The urgent referral system means you get tests really quickly , the system is working well, good luck

just had my appointment with the surgeon and he also advised active surveillance so ive dicided to go with all the advice, got a psa test evry three months and a scan in twelve months unless there's a change in psa, in which case a scan will be done earlier, can change my mind at any time if i want, just need to try and put it out of my mind now and crack on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.