• Draw

Votes: 143 34.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 165 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nervous but strangely optimistic that this will be a great team performance which will set us up nicely for the return leg.

The focus on this match is absolute and I do think we will bring our best game to Paris. If we do that, we will win. Since the law cracked down on corruption at FIFA, matches seem to be played much more fairly and, unlike previous years, I think this tie will be decided solely on merit.
What is the basis for this nonsense " the game will be decided on merit"? Was the tie last year and the year before against Barca not decided on merit. Anyway leaving this aside for a moment what makes you think that we are currently a better team than PSG and just need to play well to win? Personally I think we have a good outside chance of going through if we defend well tonight and give ourselves something to aim at next week.

It's a good moment to play this match. PSG have Verratti out while City have KDB back. That may very well decide it in City's favor. Good result needed tonight, because in two weeks it might be the other way around!

how about
KDB, Nando's, Dinho, Silva,
Bony, Sergio

If you play the 4-4-2?

+ You're rid of Navas; KDB knows how to play right wing, his crosses are a lot more effective
+ You have a lot more stability in midfield with the Fer brothers
+ Bony I know is not too popular over here but I'd prefer him for his massive strength and I still think he's a fine footballer who just needs to catch a little bit of luck. I believe he could weigh more on PSG defense than Nacho and is better at link-up play.

Worth a try in my opinion.

(edited for spelling reasons)
You cannot be seriously suggesting that we start Bony? One of the worst buys over the last 10 years and likely to contribute the square root of sweet fuck all. It is bad enough that we have to rely on this waster coming off the bench when he inevitably gets the nod before Nacho.

I wouldn't just do it for the sake of it. I only mean if it wasn't working as it should in training, then I wouldn't shirk from doing it for the sake of the team.
I wouldn't judge on trainings, sometimes the worst preparations lead to the best performances.

Anyway: Silva, KDB, Agüero are City's main men right now to do the dammage, I think it'd be unwise not to play them, especially against a side like PSG that is vulnerable for counter attacks.

The other 7 can all be defenders for all I care :) + the GK of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.