PSG preparing 20mil bid for Yaya???

moomba said:
If he wants to go £20m would be a decent fee given his age. If he is genuinely committed to the club I see no reason to sell.

As much as I despise him. This. If he WANTS to play for us then let him run his contract out. Otherwise, take the money.

citytill1die84 said:
Cash in like some of you say it's a guaranteed 2nd place finish some of you don't think.

At the moment he's way to valuable.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks we would sell him this Jan.

EalingBlue2 said:
I wouldn't even pick up the phone for a 20m offer we will lose more than that in prize money and revenue the season he goes. Also I would want him to remain for 12 months even if we sign his replacement and have a phased introduction as however good koke and Pogba are they won't replace him overnight.

I would give him at least a 1 year extension and aim to sign his replacement and ideally have them play together and gradually phase him out between 2015 and 2017

All this sounds good (assuming his current form continues and he doesn't revert to the form he was in earlier this season). That said, what you are suggesting assumes Yaya wants to be here and there is substantial evidence that suggests he does not.

Gingers Dad said:
Sitka said:
Gingers Dad said:

You are not going to get a better deal for a 32 year old on 250k a week than this.

According to transfermarkt the most expensive transfer for a player age 32 or older is 11.5 million euros Madrid payed for Fabio Cannavaro, so looking at it that way City would be getting a very good deal for someone Yaya's age
Money or Yaya? I'd take Yaya every time. This team simply doesn't know how to play without him. I know we won in Rome but that would appear to be very much a one-off

No one here is saying sell Yaya and pocket the cash. Everyone who is saying sell Yaya is saying so expecting that City reinvest the money from the sale to buy a younger midfielder, like Pogba or Koke, who can replace Yaya.

While it sounds nice to buy Koke or Pogba and keep Yaya to use in the Lampard role, its absolutely crazy to pay him 250k a week to play 30 minutes a game.

I would like to see the back of him because he has disrespected everyone at City with his bullsh*t, however it seems unlikely we could get a worthy replacement in january so I don't see it happening and no point in cutting our nose off.... He's after one last big payday/move, he doesn't give a sh*t about City.

The problem with Yaya is he will get you 15-20 goals a season and at least ten assists but he only turns it on for about 30 minutes in most matches.

He struggles out of possession against top top sides as well.

I like Pellegrini but let's just say he is replaced in the summer if we don't finish the season well, if we got Klopp or Simeone in the first player out of the door would be Yaya, there is no way he could handle their intense style of football.

Re: PSG preparing 20mil bid for Yaya??? and now Inter??

I laughed when I saw this report......how can anyone think City would sell Yaya for 7m???......this is why we cant take these reporters seriously,,,crazy!

Premier League giants ON ALERT with City's Yaya Toure subject of £7m interest from Inter

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/554015/Yaya-Toure-Inter-Milan-summer-bid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... summer-bid</a>

MANCHESTER UNITED, Liverpool and Chelsea have been put on alert with Inter Milan readying a bid for Manchester City's Yaya Toure.

Speculation about Toure's future at the Etihad has been circulating since Toure fell out with City about their failure to acknowledge his birthday last season.

And whilst that issue has largely been swept under the rug, reports earlier this month claimed that Toure could be looking to move on at the end of the season.

Indeed, asked about his future recently Toure told CNN: "That's a big question and that's an easy question as well, and you have an easy answer - we'll see."

Asked if he'd be at City next season, he added: "I don't know. I'm at City at the moment."

And now new Inter boss Roberto Mancini has hinted he would be keen on a reunion with Toure, having signed the player for City in 2010.

Mancini said: "I worked with Toure and think he is one of the best players in the world, but right now he is at Manchester City.

"It's a difficult issue now, but we'll see in future."

Reports in Italy claim that a £7m bid may be enough to get a deal done at the end of the season.

Re: PSG preparing 20mil bid for Yaya??? and now Inter??

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
I laughed when I saw this report......how can anyone think City would sell Yaya for 7m???......this is why we cant take these reporters seriously,,,crazy!

Premier League giants ON ALERT with City's Yaya Toure subject of £7m interest from Inter

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/554015/Yaya-Toure-Inter-Milan-summer-bid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... summer-bid</a>

MANCHESTER UNITED, Liverpool and Chelsea have been put on alert with Inter Milan readying a bid for Manchester City's Yaya Toure.

Speculation about Toure's future at the Etihad has been circulating since Toure fell out with City about their failure to acknowledge his birthday last season.

And whilst that issue has largely been swept under the rug, reports earlier this month claimed that Toure could be looking to move on at the end of the season.

Indeed, asked about his future recently Toure told CNN: "That's a big question and that's an easy question as well, and you have an easy answer - we'll see."

Asked if he'd be at City next season, he added: "I don't know. I'm at City at the moment."

And now new Inter boss Roberto Mancini has hinted he would be keen on a reunion with Toure, having signed the player for City in 2010.

Mancini said: "I worked with Toure and think he is one of the best players in the world, but right now he is at Manchester City.

"It's a difficult issue now, but we'll see in future."

Reports in Italy claim that a £7m bid may be enough to get a deal done at the end of the season.

They are the gift that keeps on giving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.