PSG preparing 20mil bid for Yaya???

I would not want to see him leave, he has maybe 1 or 2 more years left and if he does leave now I would expect more than 20mil for him. It would also free up a lot of wages and give us extra cash in the transfer market which would let us sign Koke or Pogba.

£20m at his age, considering whenever he gets any time away he's hardly enthusiastic about us and despite recent good form he's not at the level he was last season, it's a brilliant deal, turns a £60m deal for a replacement into a £40m deal, £20m to spend elsewhere. Either that or replace him for free the year or 2 after when he's really knackered.

After yesterdays game there is no way City can sell Yaya. His ball retention, passing and nicking the odd goal was there to see. Silva was marked out of the game and when Zaba & Navas got hold of the ball they were doubled marked. The 2 Fernandos are just not up to it when attacking.

As it stands right now, Chelsea are looking certs to win the league this season, and in recent seasons they have also won the Champions League and the Europa League. They have achieved this with a regular turnaround in managers, yet none of them has ever employed Yaya. The current manager, Mourinho, has achieved multiple successes wherever he has been, including the Champions League at two different clubs, yet at none of these clubs did he ever employ Yaya.

The point I am here making that a quality squad and a top line manager would never be so over reliant on one player, and if City DO sell Yaya, then it is up to the manager of the day to get on with it and not to seek excuses, and then to make his remaining or altered squad adapt to whatever formation that the loss of Yaya would bring. The game will go on long after Yaya and we should always be prepared for this occurrence, as we should with the inevitable departure of any of our players.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
£20m at his age, considering whenever he gets any time away he's hardly enthusiastic about us and despite recent good form he's not at the level he was last season, it's a brilliant deal, turns a £60m deal for a replacement into a £40m deal, £20m to spend elsewhere. Either that or replace him for free the year or 2 after when he's really knackered.

This summer is City's last chance to get any money for Yaya. In the summer of 2016 he will be 33 with 1 year left on his contract. Even if his current form continues no team will pay more than a few million, if anything, for someone at that age on those wages.

Reading through these Yaya transfer threads you would think that once he leaves/retires the club will cease to exist.

Yaya will not be going anywhere unless an able replacement is practically done. And by replacement your looking at top young talent, like Pogba or Koke, who have the potential to be the best, like Yaya was last season, not Barkley who is miles behind those two in ability, and light years away from Yaya at his best.

I wouldn't even pick up the phone for a 20m offer we will lose more than that in prize money and revenue the season he goes. Also I would want him to remain for 12 months even if we sign his replacement and have a phased introduction as however good koke and Pogba are they won't replace him overnight.

I would give him at least a 1 year extension and aim to sign his replacement and ideally have them play together and gradually phase him out between 2015 and 2017

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.