PSG preparing 20mil bid for Yaya???

EalingBlue2 said:
I wouldn't even pick up the phone for a 20m offer we will lose more than that in prize money and revenue the season he goes. Also I would want him to remain for 12 months even if we sign his replacement and have a phased introduction as however good koke and Pogba are they won't replace him overnight.

I would give him at least a 1 year extension and aim to sign his replacement and ideally have them play together and gradually phase him out between 2015 and 2017

Pretty much my thoughts mate, he's worth more to us as a player over the next couple of years than any supposed £20m offer, wouldn't completely knock the idea of him doing a job at centre back at some stage, if Demichelis can do it at what 34, then no reason Toure couldn't imo.

Dirty Harry said:
EalingBlue2 said:
I wouldn't even pick up the phone for a 20m offer we will lose more than that in prize money and revenue the season he goes. Also I would want him to remain for 12 months even if we sign his replacement and have a phased introduction as however good koke and Pogba are they won't replace him overnight.

I would give him at least a 1 year extension and aim to sign his replacement and ideally have them play together and gradually phase him out between 2015 and 2017

Pretty much my thoughts mate, he's worth more to us as a player over the next couple of years than any supposed £20m offer, wouldn't completely knock the idea of him doing a job at centre back at some stage, if Demichelis can do it at what 34, then no reason Toure couldn't imo.

I dont think he will play center back.

I can see him having a role similar to lampard though. plan B or plan C. but IMO if managed correctly (no two games per week) he can pretty much operate at a similar level for another year

bluechampion7891 said:
Dirty Harry said:
EalingBlue2 said:

I can see him having a role similar to lampard though. plan B or plan C. but IMO if managed correctly (no two games per week) he can pretty much operate at a similar level for another year

Maybe not and maybe bud, I suppose ultimately it's the managers choice, regardless, we need to look longer term, I think we need to look at keeping him at the club in some capacity beyond his playing days, similar to Vieira maybe, could (most likely would) be a major factor in getting the best young lads from Africa (amongst other places) to come to us in the future.

Imo, he's worth more to us than just a player, he's an icon, a role model (no matter what we think of him as a result of cake-gate) for many young, gifted footballers, we, as a club, shouldn't under-estimate that, and to be fair, I don't think we will, I think HRH, Khaldoon etc recognise his potential in this area.

Dirty Harry said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Dirty Harry said:

Maybe not and maybe bud, I suppose ultimately it's the managers choice, regardless, we need to look longer term, I think we need to look at keeping him at the club in some capacity beyond his playing days, similar to Vieira maybe, could (most likely would) be a major factor in getting the best young lads from Africa (amongst other places) to come to us in the future.

Imo, he's worth more to us than just a player, he's an icon, a role model (no matter what we think of him as a result of cake-gate) for many young, gifted footballers, we, as a club, shouldn't under-estimate that, and to be fair, I don't think we will, I think HRH, Khaldoon etc recognise his potential in this area.

My only problem is that he does seem to use every chance he can get to throw question on his future at City....Do we ever hear Aguero or Zab or Kompany say they might not be here next season OR say they are disrespected by the Club etc,etc.....I personally feel Yaya is a great player but at his age can only be seen as part of City's "short term" plans....I think next season could be his last in Manchester...we need to start looking for a star replacement...Yaya himself doesn't seem to want to commit many more years to City, otherwise he would not say the things he does.....Love him as a player and is still one of the best mids in the world but soon we got to start thinking of the future.....

Just rumours but I believe this is what he wants....and if City are clever, they'd be signing a replacement now!

Transfer News ‏@FootieWriter 10h10 hours ago
Yaya Toure reportedly told management before ACON, he wants them to consider offers for his services as he wants to seek new challenge #MCFC

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Just rumours but I believe this is what he wants....and if City are clever, they'd be signing a replacement now!

Yaya Toure reportedly told management before ACON, he wants them to consider offers for his services as he wants to seek new challenge #MCFC

Who the fuck is @footiewriter

Mancitybluemoon1 said:

You post some right shit.........

Mancitybluemoon1 said:

If city are clever VS FFP VS Jan window

Just rumours but I believe this is what he wants....and if City are clever, they'd be signing someone who can learn from him.....

Transfer News ‏@BertieBullshit 10h10 hours ago
Yaya Toure reportedly told management before ACON, he wants them to not consider offers for his services as he wants to stay at City forever and can't wait to play with Bony #MCFC

Sitka said:
Gingers Dad said:
Sitka said:
If PSG really do offer 20 mil for Yaya this summer City should absolutely sell him.
Why?

You are not going to get a better deal for a 32 year old on 250k a week than this.

According to transfermarkt the most expensive transfer for a player age 32 or older is 11.5 million euros Madrid payed for Fabio Cannavaro, so looking at it that way City would be getting a very good deal for someone Yaya's age
Money or Yaya? I'd take Yaya every time. This team simply doesn't know how to play without him. I know we won in Rome but that would appear to be very much a one-off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.