PSG preparing 20mil bid for Yaya???

We need to rebuild this squad at some point soon and this is our last chance to sell Yaya. We either get £20m for him now, along with a huge amount of space on our wage bill to find a replacement, or we will lose him for nothing, or next to nothing in a year or two. It's just a matter of whether we think it's worth keeping him for his help on th field for a couple of years, knowing that we won't get any return from him in terms of helping us get a replacement at the end of that time. It's tough one, but I guess it really boils down to who we can get to replace him this summer, if we can't get a suitable replacement then we can't afford to let him go.

BigOscar said:
We need to rebuild this squad at some point soon and this is our last chance to sell Yaya. We either get £20m for him now, along with a huge amount of space on our wage bill to find a replacement, or we will lose him for nothing, or next to nothing in a year or two. It's just a matter of whether we think it's worth keeping him for his help on th field for a couple of years, knowing that we won't get any return from him in terms of helping us get a replacement at the end of that time. It's tough one, but I guess it really boils down to who we can get to replace him this summer, if we can't get a suitable replacement then we can't afford to let him go.

We should keep Yaya, buy Pogba, sell Nando and possibly lose Milner. Yaya is clearly making a big impact, he's one of a kind player and I think only Pogba comes close to filling the same role.

Gingers Dad said:
Sitka said:
If PSG really do offer 20 mil for Yaya this summer City should absolutely sell him.
Why?

You are not going to get a better deal for a 32 year old on 250k a week than this.

According to transfermarkt the most expensive transfer for a player age 32 or older is 11.5 million euros Madrid payed for Fabio Cannavaro, so looking at it that way City would be getting a very good deal for someone Yaya's age

Sitka said:
Gingers Dad said:
Sitka said:
If PSG really do offer 20 mil for Yaya this summer City should absolutely sell him.
Why?

You are not going to get a better deal for a 32 year old on 250k a week than this.

According to transfermarkt the most expensive transfer for a player age 32 or older is 11.5 million euros Madrid payed for Fabio Cannavaro, so looking at it that way City would be getting a very good deal for someone Yaya's age

Didn't Defoe just go to sunderland for 14m he's 32

Sitka said:
Gingers Dad said:
Sitka said:
Why?

But if we can't get a better player than Yaya with your £20 mill, then it's better to keep him for next season. We already have to replace Lampard and probably Milner in the summer with hopefully younger players. If Yaya is motivated it would be impossible to replace him for £20 mill

BigOscar said:

If we were to sell Yaya before he retires it would be one of the biggest mistakes this club has ever made since the takeover

The way he plays means that he can play for at least another 2 or 3 years at the top level, we just need to bring in a couple of players who complement him in the way that Fernandinho did last season

Him leaving will leave a bigger void than if we were to ever lose Vinny, Silva or Sergio

waspish said:
Sitka said:
Gingers Dad said:

I have seen Altidore + 3 million. I think the 14 million is referring to the transfer fee plus wages over the length of the deal.

Sitka said:
waspish said:
Sitka said:

I have seen Altidore + 3 million. I think the 14 million is referring to the transfer fee plus wages over the length of the deal.

I heard it was a straight swap.

blueparrot said:
Sitka said:
Gingers Dad said:

But if we can't get a better player than Yaya with your £20 mill, then it's better to keep him for next season. We already have to replace Lampard and probably Milner in the summer with hopefully younger players. If Yaya is motivated it would be impossible to replace him for £20 mill

I never said City could find a younger player of Yaya's quality for 20 million. Someone like Pogba or Koke is going cost something like 60 million euros or more.

The fact is your not going to get a better deal for a 32 year old on 250k a week than this.

Yaya Toure was never considered to be an attacking threat before he joined us in 2010. He did possess the passing ability and a decent level of defensive understanding but Barcelona decided he was a very useful squad player to have but they could of afforded him to be sold and Mancini decided he wasn't what he was looking for as a defensive midfielder. Despite his achievements at City to say that there isn't a player on the market who can match his efforts is a bit short sighted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.