PSG vs Istanbul Basaksehir suspended after 4th official accused of racism

And the accused will be playing the identity parade victim the next thing we know! It's all a bit getting silly now.
I agree, i really dont like the way society is heading, People should be educated enough to know the difference between right and wrong.

An official should know the players names and numbers, so none need to be identified as black or white.

Should have just said send (players name) off.

Full facts not yet established though, sure it will all come out

It wasn't a player it was one of the coaches on the bench

Yep and to be honest i dont really know what to think anymore!! If your describing something as a black guy, white guy, tanned guy, asian guy, indian guy, or whatever i would say its not racist but maybe im wrong and out of touch!!
Will have to use IC3 from now on

Micah getting racially abused by every other account on Twitter forhaving an opinion that 90% of people have in the real world.

She’s genuinely called Micah a white supremacist for that view, in the comments underneath.

That is what I meant when I said people have lost their minds.

Micah just said “I’m sat here with you lot, I wouldn’t take offence to someone pointing me out as the black guy”.

And he said without hearing the full conversation, it’s difficult to jump on any bandwagon.

How can anyone argue with that?

I don’t think it is necessarily overt racism.

But I do think it can be a form of lazy, often unintentional racism. The sort that makes others feel less-than without anyone specifically meaning for it to have that effect. Especially in the context of never hearing the same person or people referring to others as “the white guy”.

As with all things in life, it’s more complicated than simply determining a binary state of “it is or it isn’t”, for the same reason you allude to: context is rarely simple, either.

But, even all of that ignored, given the current climate and the stage he was on, I think most of us can agree it is pretty stupid to say it at all.
I don’t think it’s racism full stop mate if you’re using somebody’s skin colour to identify them.

I’ve lived in an area where it was mostly an Asian community & have been identified as the white guy before, really don’t see the problem.

Let me put it another way. If somebody attacked you & the police asked you for a description, would you tell them what race you thought they were as an identifier or not?

Or as previously mentioned, if 4 guys were sat on a bench, 3 were black & one was white, would it be racist to identify the white guy as the white guy to differentiate between the 4?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.