PSG vs Istanbul Basaksehir suspended after 4th official accused of racism

An official should know the players names and numbers, so none need to be identified as black or white.

Should have just said send (players name) off.

Full facts not yet established though, sure it will all come out
It wasnt a player, was an assistant and the back room staff are huge these days at every club.

Doesn't BLM stand for Black Lives Matter, I'm sure we all agree, so if the official actually said 'that BLACK guy there' what's the issue. We have no idea about the colour of the other guys around him, so he could have just been differentiating to avoid confusion.
Seriously, could the official have said 'that non-white guy there'. That is nonsense (and he'd have got pelters for that too).
If the above is the case, it's getting a bit over the top now.
To think we got a bigger fine for being out on the pitch one minute late, than Porto got for their fans chucking bananas at Mario. UEFA will have problems dealing with this incident.
Why couldn’t he have just pointed and said “that guy, I don’t know his name” and then he or the ref could demand Webo come over to confirm his involvement if there was still confusion (which he would have needed to do, anyway)?

An official should know the players names and numbers, so none need to be identified as black or white.

Should have just said send (players name) off.

Full facts not yet established though, sure it will all come out
From what (little) I've read it's not a player but a coach, so obviously doesn't have a number, and he wouldn't necessarily know his name either.

Micah getting racially abused by every other account on Twitter forhaving an opinion that 90% of people have in the real world.

Last edited:
This likely falls under the 'unconscious bias' element of racism, rather than the more malicious overt forms that are far more well known. If it is racist of course. Generally the best approach to dealing with that is communication and education.

Anyway, this will inevitably blow up into a snowflakes vs racists argument (not necessarily on here, but in the wider public) and it's going to end with everyone being pissed off.

This likely falls under the 'unconscious bias' element of racism, rather than the more malicious overt forms that are far more well known. Generally the best approach to dealing with that is communication and education.

Anyway, this will inevitably blow up into a snowflakes vs racists argument (not necessarily on here, but in the wider public) and it's going to end with everyone being pissed off.
Or, it’ll likely happen on here, as well, if previous threads on this topic are a fair indicator.

Would love to be proven wrong, of course! ;-)

Yep and to be honest i dont really know what to think anymore!! If your describing something as a black guy, white guy, tanned guy, asian guy, indian guy, or whatever i would say its not racist but maybe im wrong and out of touch!!
I don’t think you are out of touch mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.