PSG vs Istanbul Basaksehir suspended after 4th official accused of racism

According to some on here, referring to somebody as black is racist anyway
Yep and to be honest i dont really know what to think anymore!! If your describing something as a black guy, white guy, tanned guy, asian guy, indian guy, or whatever i would say its not racist but maybe im wrong and out of touch!!

According to some on here, referring to somebody as black is racist anyway
Well, it can be, depending on the context, as is the case with nearly any term.

Whether it was in this case — if that is all that was said and truly is it’s usual meaning in his language, unlike, say, “negro” in Spanish, which can be completely benign *or* very racist — or was simply ineptitude run amok, is yet to be seen.

So can someone confirm: did this kerfuffle mean that a player that was ear-marked to be red-carded hasn't been? From the turkish side? And was there any hope for Istanbul to qualify (even for Europa) if they got a positive result. If so, could it not be suggested that they have made something out of nothing to maintain a full 11 players for the remainder of the match?

The bench reacted badly to a decision, and the 4th official wanted a coach, Peirre Webo sent off.

I'm just passing time without a strong opinion either way, because whichever opinion you have will be wrong to some people.
Doesn't BLM stand for Black Lives Matter, I'm sure we all agree, so if the official actually said 'that BLACK guy there' what's the issue. We have no idea about the colour of the other guys around him, so he could have just been differentiating to avoid confusion.
Seriously, could the official have said 'that non-white guy there'. That is nonsense (and he'd have got pelters for that too).
If the above is the case, it's getting a bit over the top now.
To think we got a bigger fine for being out on the pitch one minute late, than Porto got for their fans chucking bananas at Mario. UEFA will have problems dealing with this incident.

Looking at things it seems that the Romanian 4th official identified a player based on his skin colour rather than just pointing him out. The Romanian word for "black guy" sounds like "negro" - one player thought he heard negro and kicked off - Demba Ba has a better understanding of the language so recognised he meant the "black guy" and hadn't said "negro" but even so recognised it as lazy racism.
The idea that in a matter of seconds they could orchestrate things into a manoeuvre to stop someone being sent off is unlikely but the attitude of the official - i.e. he demonstrates that he holds one teams players to be of lesser value to the others is clear ( I bet he would have said Mbappe or Neymar had it been the reverse not "the black guy" ) which then gives them grounds to protest that the officiating team cannot be trusted in their eyes to play fair.
The big question now is what if the official gets found guilty do UEFA do about it? Their usual lame job?
What do they do about İstanbul Başakşehir ? Their usual instinct would be to come down on them like a ton of bricks but the eys of football will be on them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.