Queen Elizabeth II

I think you'll find that modern politicians stay neutral on a fuck load of things due to not wanting to upset/ tip over the gravy train/ apple cart.

Indeed, and we will give them hell for that.

Monarchy can stay neutral on every matter and that’s to their strength

I really fear for the country, now she’s gone.

We are utterly divided as a nation. To most of us, she was the glue that was still holding us together.

Sadly, very few of us share her sense of duty.

i‘ve always been an optimist and generally a very positive person, and I think we’re fucked as a nation.
I’m sorry to hear the news and sorry for the loss you and others feel.

It’s so sad to see the country as divided as it is. And I agree it feels like we’re fucked as a nation.

But I personally feel one of the main things that divides us, and one of the things that holds us back as a nation is holding on to an idealised past and not looking forward enough.

The Queen, through no fault of her own, kind of personified that. So many had such an emotional attachment to her that I don’t think they have to Charles.

My hope is that this major change may act as a unifying force to bring the country together to look forwards and build a better future instead of always looking back.

Indeed, and we will give them hell for that.

Monarchy can stay neutral on every matter and that’s to their strength
Who gives them hell?

When they abstain on a vote do we hammer on the door asking why?

My local MP voted against same sex marriage on religious grounds. When it became law he said it was "The worse day of his political life." Did he get booted out at the next election or continue putting his nose into the trough?

Did he ditch his wife and move into a local village with his old secretary?

Did no one bat an eyelid?

A dusty table
Musty smells
Tarnished silver lies discarded upon the floor
Only feeble light descends through a film of grey
That scars the panes.
Gone the carving,
And those who left their mark,
Gone the kings and queens now only the rats hold sway
And the weak must die according to nature's law
As old as they.

We are utterly divided as a nation. To most of us, she was the glue that was still holding us together.

i‘ve always been an optimist and generally a very positive person, and I think we’re fucked as a nation.
Quite sad hearing that from you mate, can honestly say it’s not often (if ever) that I’ve a more positive and optimistic outlook than you, but I feel differently, I think it’s a time where maybe (hopefully) we’ll roll our sleeves up and pull together, we absolutely will need to, because she was as you say the glue that was still holding us together, I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Sad but true, and true also of the country I live in as well as the one I still call home.

Quite sad hearing that from you mate, can honestly say it’s not often (if ever) that I’ve a more positive and optimistic outlook than you, but I feel differently, I think it’s a time where maybe (hopefully) we’ll roll our sleeves up and pull together, we absolutely will need to, because she was as you say the glue that was still holding us together, I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
The Queen is a bit like Bacon Face at the rags. Was there too long.
Now of course it is a job for life and don't for one minute suggest she should have passed away sooner.... but she was the Monarch for so long (70 years) that in reality no one under the age of say 76 remembers the Queen's father being on the thrown.
Like rags not knowing life pre Fergie, we have seen the hand post Fergie has dealt the rags... and the nation is a little bit scared of what the future holds for us all post Elizabeth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.