Queen Elizabeth II

that's fine, but it's worth remembering that other people will define extraordinary in different ways. You're entitled to view her that way, but many don't for many reasons and will obviously struggle to relate to all of this...and that's fair enough. Anyway, sorry for any offence caused, but we're all entitled to our opinion and people are going to have to get used to people not feeling strongly about this when life is very, very challenging for so many right now.
There was no offence intended or felt mate. I merely intended to draw a distinction between being a royalist and appreciating the queen for her service to the country.
No more or less.

Wishing her peace and comfort, a full recovery if possible or if not, which seems more likely, dignity surrounded by those she loves.

I lost my grandad last year in his late 80s. Obviously when somebody goes in old age, after a full and eventful life, there's a certain feeling that this is the nature of things, and that it's better that they pass when their mind is still active and they've been able to take part in life right up to the end, rather than the slow decay of some cruel disease (and if you have watched them suffer, there's often an element of mercy and relief at the end).

But when it's someone you love it's still hard to let them go. When my grandad passed it still felt too soon.

I'm fairly indifferent on the whole idea of the royal family. No doubt the Queen has had wealth and privileges beyond what we can imagine. But she's also spent decades serving the country, and right now she's an elderly lady in poor health and I think we can put aside the politics for just a moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.