Queen Elizabeth II

It's big news isn't it? History in the making. Well worth discussing imo.

I also don't get why it bothers you so much that many people won't be as upset as you.

But why the need for others to tell people they won't be upset?

If my dad died and I posted it on here, I wouldn't expect you to be upset, but would still expect respect or sympathy.

This woman has impacted your life, even if you don't realise it.

Might have been a charity, might have been a special moment with your family over Xmas dinner, in school, absolutely anything.

She has been an ever-present to any person living in this country for the last eight decades.

Remarkable.

I’m Irish mate. I wouldn’t call myself staunchly anything tbh when it comes to politics.
I don’t really understand royalty in this day and age…..
But mate, she is your head of state and has been for 70 years.

I would put on hold any personal criticisms of the system of royalty and peerage etc. for another day.

As your head of state she was well respected throughout the world including, dare I say it, here in Ireland, where she was very well received when she made her official visit a number of years back.

There will be a lot of pomp and ceremony when she sadly does pass. It’s what you Brits do. There will be huge expense too I’m sure, for those that want to gripe further, but really….
This is an end of an era and the future of Britain and the system of monarchy will likely never be the same again.

Her passing will be felt throughout the world, no matter what your politics are.

I've nothing against the Royal Family, nothing whatsoever. In fact, on balance, I probably prefer that we've got them rather than don't.

It's just the expectation that we should all be distraught at HM's eventual passing that annoys me.

yep

i think she has passed and just getting all the family to her side and say their final farewells, i think the media also know and will be major breaking news about 10pm tonigh
Yes I think she has already passed away and they are preparing the nation rather than one big shock announcement

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.