Queen Elizabeth II

The whole country will observe a period of official mourning. All a bit ridiculous imo.
I've got to agree - I suspect there will be millions of people who want to pay their respects, and it's sad when anyone dies - but I don't think most people will really want everything cancelled, including the football, for days on end.

All these rules about 12 days of mourning are based on the world we lived in seventy years ago, when the Royal Family were considered not far off being blessed by "God".

It's a major event, there should be a huge response, and people should be able to grieve, but it feels like we've grown up in the last seventy years, and I don't think the country grinding to a halt is appropriate anymore.

I've nothing against the Royal Family, nothing whatsoever. In fact, on balance, I probably prefer that we've got them rather than don't.

It's just the expectation that we should all be distraught at HM's eventual passing that annoys me.
Nobody expects you to be distraught , nobody

She is head of the church and comander in chief ,this is history whether you like it or not

this is a very good shout football and sports will shut down and mourning will be about 2 weeks,this could have a very big impact on football and European football even the world cup, 2 weeks of mourning would be 4 games off and need rearranging
Would UEFA allow this? Can't see them cancelling CL games

Yes I think she has already passed away and they are preparing the nation rather than one big shock announcement

yep

the BBC are watering down the fact it could be over, But their faces speak 1000 words

yep

i think she has passed and just getting all the family to her side and say their final farewells, i think the media also know and will be major breaking news about 10pm tonigh
Thought this the last hour or so. I think she’s passed and this is protocol. Announcement in coming hours if that’s the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.