Queen Elizabeth II

No, i miss her

michael-jackson-king-of-pop.gif

Essentially, a lot of those responses are still rooted in opinion and perspective.

Some horseshit and skewed bias, all the same, an overall palpable dislike of the institution, which is your right.

Mine were simply in response to another poster saying we didn't know anything about her.

However, you still seemingly claim to know a lot about a woman you didn't care for or knew?

As with any debate, people can always offer counter-argument to fit with their own confirmation bias.

Mine is she was a magnificent Queen who served this country every day and worked until she dropped.

I don't think anything I've posted there is horseshit, a couple of corrections to what you posted, others are opinions based on what we know from reporting available. Granted I do have a strong dislike of the institution and what it represents, but I try to be as objective as I can.

I was offering a counter balance to your response so the poster who posed the question had both views.

Just because I don't care for a person or know them personally doesn't mean I shouldn't know about them. She was the most famous woman in the world. Head of State of the country of my birth and the country I now call home. She was the head of an institution I'd like to see the back of, so knowing your enemy (for want of a better word) is essential.

With any debate people should be comfortable with having their bias respectfully challenged.

Although I disagree with you, I can respect that you and many others feel that way about the Queen.

I heard that the two funeral procession bands were playing the same tunes but coordinated so that the people at any given location on the route never heard the same tune twice.

But then you wonder why we needed two bands and a procession a mile long. Just because you can doesn't mean you ought.

She can be objectively criticised for many things (can’t we all?) but to question the work ethic a person who was still putting a shift in (doing mind numbingly tedious work) into their mid-90s is a bit nuts. Strange hill to fight a Republican battle on.
Republican as they come and an Irish nationalist but I'd a lot of respect for the lizard queen.

That for the person is a wonderful way to go, although a huge shock for family and friends.

My Mum died from Alzheimer's, 5 years it took, the last 3 years were a living nightmare I would not wish on my worst enemy.
Nan died from multiple organ failure, tbh if she died 5 years earlier it would have been better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.