Queen Elizabeth II

It was far worse when Philip died, some of the propaganda bigging him up verged on the obscene.

He was a very flawed individual and did not deserve the respect that was forced upon one and all by the BBC, the Queen was the complete opposite, a very decent Lady who earned Her respect.
What was it that drew you to the conclusion that the Queen was a very decent lady? I personally have no idea whether she was, or not, so I can neither praise not criticise her.

What was it that drew you to the conclusion that the Queen was a very decent lady? I personally have no idea whether she was, or not, so I can neither praise not criticise her.
Her reputation worldwide, and Her reputation far closer to home probably even more so.

I would say her reputation from Sinn Féin says a lot about her, this week some very senior figures from that group gave her genuine respect, which to me says a lot, it also said so much when she went to Ireland during the peace agreement and had to meet and greet people that were directly involved in murdering a member of her family.

Her last day earth she spent doing her duty, again says a lot about her as a person.

I am not a Royalist and the rest of her family I would happily be rid of and quickly, but she was one I could respect.

Her reputation worldwide, and Her reputation far closer to home probably even more so.

I would say her reputation from Sinn Féin says a lot about her, this week some very senior figures from that group gave her genuine respect, which to me says a lot, it also said so much when she went to Ireland during the peace agreement and had to meet and greet people that were directly involved in murdering a member of her family.

Her last day earth she spent doing her duty, again says a lot about her as a person.

I am not a Royalist and the rest of her family I would happily be rid of and quickly, but she was one I could respect.
I can understand that perspective and, undoubtedly, her visit played an important, symbolic role. I understand that others were significantly more important in terms of driving the process, however: John Hulme, Gerry Adams, John Major, Mo Mowlem et al.

The debate about Ireland will linger on, and I am of Irish heritage personally, so whether you consider it the first English colony, or an important part of the union will, undoubtedly, colour your opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.