Queues outside M1 turnstiles and over the top security

You have been talking about in your last few posts the Same reason you take your jackets, hats and Coats off at airports

I think there‘s a difference between going through airport security and through stadium security.

You aren’t suggesting ‘every City fan’ should take their coats, hats, belts, etc off, and to put their possessions into a tray to be checked by stewards at the turnstiles?

You would get to see the game unless you arrived 3 hours early at the ground. Like most people do when they take a flight from an airport.

Last edited:
Not sure how you get away from the huge variance in standard of security checking with a big number of stewards hired on a casual basis to be honest.
You are always going to get some who don’t give a fuck and some who think they have made it as Kim jong uns supreme guard command!
A good example for me was Burnley game, I got waved through security checks without being checked but I then got grilled on the concourse for daring to have my toes on the dark blue box at the aisle while sipping my pint

Not sure how you get away from the huge variance in standard of security checking with a big number of stewards hired on a casual basis to be honest.
You are always going to get some who don’t give a fuck and some who think they have made it as Kim jong uns supreme guard command!
A good example for me was Burnley game, I got waved through security checks without being checked but I then got grilled on the concourse for daring to have my toes on the dark blue box at the aisle while sipping my pint
Haha I like your comment about Kim Jong Un’s supreme guard command.

I think I must have had the same guy re daring to stand on the dark blue line whilst having the audacity to hold a pint in a restricted zone. What a knob jockey he was. I just looked at him in puzzlement. I did however have to move my left foot six inches before he set the Gestapo on me.

The dark blue box: one of life’s great footballing mysteries.

In what other line of entertainment would you have a nice dark rectangle where you’re not permitted to stand and watch whatever you’ve paid to see?

I’ve become fucking brilliant at drinking a pint, on my tiptoes, craning my neck then shuttling round to the edge of the next blue box to catch up with the action.

Went to Leipzig last year, bought a pint, stood on tiptoes holding pint at back of stand until i was told by a steward, “You can sit with your drink. In your own seat.”

Disbelief was soon followed by the dawning realisation that yes, indeed, you actually can have a pint in your seat in Germany. So I had eight more.

Not all terrorist attacks are bombs, there have been multiple cases ot stabbings, probably more likely than a bomb.Thing with attacks terrorist or lone wolf attacks is the timing and where they are going to happen is unpredictable. Just like people now accept going into an airport, or many tourist attractions they will have to leave time for security checks, they will have to learn it applies to large venues like football and concert venues too.
One day there will be an incident at a football and concert venue and questions will be asked why security checks weren’t thorough.
Fans need to plan getting in earlier, complaining about a pat down just seems silly.

I think there‘s a difference between going through airport security and through stadium security.

You aren’t suggesting ‘every City fan’ should take their coats, hats, belts, etc off, and to put their possessions into a tray to be checked by stewards at the turnstiles?

You would get to see the game unless you arrived 3 hours early at the ground. Like most people do when they take a flight from an airport.
Don’t be so stupid a quick cursory glance is all it takes which they sometimes do but believe me when Martyn’s Law comes it to be watch this space

I would always prefer a high level of security over ease of access for a large capacity sporting / entertainment event prime for a potentially terrorist attack.
The kid performing in the Chinese New Year dancing brought in a full blown machete.

We can’t even bring in a bottle of water!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.