Rags Debt - Daily Mail & Panorama [Merged]

Prestwich_Blue said:
And they've made no arrangements to repay the £500m bonds in 2017.

That's another thing - the bond issue. They raised £500m I believe and there's a perception from the press and their fans "well that's that paid off then".

They don't seem to have twigged they still actually owe it, just to different people.

What are the odds that when the fixtures are released the scums first game will be at home to a crowd puller ??

The rush for spare tickets will be monumental..

:)

Mëtal Bikër said:
Ever thought of being a Gun Launderer? There's so much ammunition here it's untrue, cheers mate!

I'm also under the impression that (mega rich billionaires a la Sheikh Mansour aside) that most businesses would see United as a high risk club to invest in and steer clear, or are our beloved neighbours fans right in saying that businessmen high and wide are waiting in the wings to finance a takeover, due to their proven record at generating revenue?
As a business, if they had no debt, they'd be an excellent investment on one level. Producing £90m cash a year probably values them at over £1bn, plus they're a global brand.

However they're loaded with £500m of debt and the Glazers' other financial issues mean that they would probably need a lot more to sell than the business is actually worth. Effectively they're in negative equity I believe.

Plus there's the uncertainty over Baconface, who is surely in his last season now, and what that would mean to their future income stream if a new manager couldn't sustain his level of success.

So you'd have to pay a premium price for the business plus you'd need the money to finance player purchases and pay off the bonds. I guess anyone who has something like £2bn burning a hole in their pocket might well be queuing up.

As a business, if they had no debt, they'd be an excellent investment on one level. Producing £90m cash a year probably values them at over £1bn, plus they're a global brand.

However they're loaded with £500m of debt and the Glazers' other financial issues mean that they would probably need a lot more to sell than the business is actually worth. Effectively they're in negative equity I believe.

Plus there's the uncertainty over Baconface, who is surely in his last season now, and what that would mean to their future income stream if a new manager couldn't sustain his level of success.

So you'd have to pay a premium price for the business plus you'd need the money to finance player purchases and pay off the bonds. I guess anyone who has something like £2bn burning a hole in their pocket might well be queuing up.[/quote]

They need a billionaire then obviously. Something they lambasted us for, getting in a wealthy investor to settle our debts, i'm loving the hypocrisy.

Mëtal Bikër said:

So you'd have to pay a premium price for the business plus you'd need the money to finance player purchases and pay off the bonds. I guess anyone who has something like £2bn burning a hole in their pocket might well be queuing up.

They need a billionaire then obviously. Something they lambasted us for, getting in a wealthy investor to settle our debts, i'm loving the hypocrisy.[/quote]

The scum,red dippers,bluedippers and in fact every other club in the prem seem to lambast us for having a super rich owner yet that is the one thing they are crying out for...we should never forget how lucky and blessed we are.

:)

P-B, if someone were to buy them for say 1.3bn and the return would bring in 90m, how would this compare to the return an investor would normally expect on other ways of investing his money?

The Fat el Hombre said:
Programme was an aboslute load of shite. That wasn't panorama it was kiddy stuff. What was with the gnomes and the knights fighting each other? What a joke.

Only bit that was of any interest at all to me was the first rag they interviewed who was a cockney

I think it was deliberatly made in a child like manner so has the rags could understand it

lloydie said:
P-B, if someone were to buy them for say 1.3bn and the return would bring in 90m, how would this compare to the return an investor would normally expect on other ways of investing his money?
I think that would be a decent return but you'd then still have to pay off the debt which makes it less attractive.

But so much depends on whether they can maintain their level of success and therefore income. Like Liverpool, it could all collapse quickly.

lloydie said:

Dont forget the twatini rule...Any new investor would be limited to how much they could spend from actual profit,everything points to them being less attractive tbh.. And they only made profit through the tranny sale last term. so in theory they are running at a loss so cant buy new players if they want euro football.

-- Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:56 pm --

bluevengence said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Programme was an aboslute load of shite. That wasn't panorama it was kiddy stuff. What was with the gnomes and the knights fighting each other? What a joke.

Only bit that was of any interest at all to me was the first rag they interviewed who was a cockney

I think it was deliberatly made in a child like manner so has the rags could understand it

But like kids they only were interested in the good bit's...And there werent any :)

Except for us.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:59 pm --<br /><br />Where's Bumbles ?? Surely it cant take that long to have cheese straws and ribena.:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.