Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Peaked in 2018, missed that sitter against Lyon, never been right since. Thought he was automatic first choice and deserved same wages as Kev when never on the same level. Now whinging because he's been binned off.
The team outgrew him, technically inept and unless it was instinctive he failed miserably, his head and feet didn’t talk to each other. He was great for what we needed at the time and scored some memory goals (Southampton last minute) but he’s kidding himself if he thought he was better than others around him

However he felt, the classy thing to do would have been to keep his mouth, especially considering the salary he was on.

Meh, that's his prerogative. He's been nothing but respectful of the club but he's clearly got an issue with a couple of decision makers here. Impossible to say whether he's justified in feeling that way when we don't know the specifics of it.

I'm gutted that Raheem had to miss some of his kids birthdays due to the commitments of having a job that paid him a six figure salary a week. I hope he manages to get through the cost of living crisis on such an awful salary and under such terrible conditions.
And to be more realistic he means he had to go to training between 10 and 12. So his definition of missing his kids birthday was being back at home at 1pm in the afternoon where he would probably spunk 50k on some ludicrous party for a 3 year old
It’s the problem with footballers coming straight from school with limited education. Too many have no awareness of the real world

I think this:
1) He didn't want to leave, it's easy to read that.
2) He probably worked his socks off in training, was that sort of character yet wasn't picked.
3) Found himself on the bench because of his failure in matches vs previous seasons.
4) Pep doesn't forget easily and felt benching him would get a response.
5) The response was muted.
6) Pep then considered, he wasn't going to improve much further. Having said that, Raz is still a top level player.
7) Pep knew he was getting the replacements he wanted, Haaland/Alvarez.
8) Raz was never going to get offered the contract he wanted because of the recruitment.
9) The relationship will have deteriorated with Pep and Pep knew he could move him on.
10) In the interview Raz is merely being honest about how he felt. I see nothing wrong with that. He's probably a little bitter too because he didn't want to leave but knew he had to.

So let's not put him in the Milner bracket just yet for God's sake! He achieved far too much for us to be given grief by the fans on his return.

I would recommend that Raz is very careful with his words moving forward though....move on from us, its done, forget about it and thanks for all your hard work in being a key part of our success over 7 years.

Same but some blues have been looking for any excuse to boo him since he left. Shit, some were doing it for years while he was here.

Thing is, at this point, he's just handing them reasons on a silver platter.

Realistically, I don't see anything wrong with what he's said. He's obviously got his own issues with how he reckons he was treated by certain individuals at the club and is clearly pissed off with that still, despite him saying he's over it.
Don't say anything if you don't have anything good to say. He is being a spoilt brat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.