Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

He's still in the honeymoon phase at Chelsea. Like others have said, they won't be as forgiving after dropping points while he misses sitters. Also, God help him if he doesn't make eye-contact with Tuchel after matches.
That honeymoon period won't last long given he was laughing and joking with Kane in front of the Chelsea fans immediately after the latter had equalised for Spurs last weekend. Disrespectful to say the least.

It's really disappointing. I mean, the actual content of the interview itself isn't exactly explosive - didn't play as much as I deserved, was really angry, sad how things ended, etc. Nothing groundbreaking. Just the fact he's saying it is sad.

He's clearly incredibly bitter about the last couple of years - it's clear now that he and Pep never mended their relationship.

Pep's faith in him from when he arrived in 2016, at a low point for Sterling, helped build his confidence up to the point where he was able to perform at an incredibly high level - now it's obvious he feels deeply hurt by the loss of that faith.

I've said before I think his performances on the right wing were almost always good, and that it didn't make sense to me that he couldn't nail down a consistent place when the team looked better with him instead of Riyad. Clearly he believes the same thing.

But to be fair, spending 100m on Grealish pretty much telegraphed that Pep wanted a different profile on the wings.

That interview doesn't make me feel angry, or pissed off. It just makes me sad.

He clearly feels rejected, bitter and unfairly treated. Maybe he needs to feel like that, to play at his best. I don't know.

But it's sad. It shouldn't effect his relationship with the club or the fans, but it will. I just hope that one day he can get over it, and he and Pep can sit down and sort things out. They both owe each other.
Pep is not there to make friends with his players. He is ruthless and lots of his players can’t cope with his intensity. The Barca legends have said he drove them so much they hated him at times. But they all respect him. Messi said he made him a better player and Xavi said he made his career.
One day Raheem will realise he was lucky to play for one of the greatest managers of all time. Without pressure from Pep Sterling would never have risen above a midtable team.

He hasn’t said much has he? The media will twist anything to fit their narrative.

As he said, time to go, but he has no one but himself to blame for not starting as often as he would have liked. Time to get on with your new job Raz.

He already spoke of lack of game-time once, and we all got that. Now he is needlessly going on about kids birthday (reminds me of Yaya's cake), not being valued, raging bla bla bla. Just needs to shut up. He didn't deserve a place in the CL final, and he should be thankful he was selected for the biggest occasion.

In all fairness you all seem to be missing the point..The one thing is that you will never hear is the City perspective and never will.. So Pep could say his form dropped off, he was a greedy fucker, refused a reasonable contract..etc..Do not give a shit about his comments now.

Or it was the fact he was shit for a year and missed more one on one's than anybody in the history of the Premier League.

He was fuming and frustrated? So were we on a weekly basis and still got behind him

Is what it is. Cheers for the goals and assists Raz.

Last edited:
As he confirms it was clearly time for him to return back to London and the money came in handy for City.
A ripple of applause on his return in sharp contrast to the roars for Gabby and Zinchy who to date have clearly set out to impress their new fans, I expect them to finish above Chelsea and with the comments today really hope they do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.