Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Perhaps the interviewer should’ve said ‘don’t you know there’s a war on you ungrateful bastard?!’
You’re completely missing the point. I commented in respect of Raheem’s comment of “I sacrificed my kid’s birthdays to play for City” and compared it to Oleks who never moaned but was suffering with a lot more shit than missing a kids birthday party. Just my opinion. Anyway hopefully he gets what he deserves and Chelsea sign Harry Maguire

I'm not interested in a spat, but you gave me your opinion, which I agree many will share.
What I asked for were the "words" which upset you. A quote , not an interpretation.
But let's leave it , the citizens have decided.

No need for a spat, and no "words" paricularly upset me, but Sterling's statement imo was both ill-advised and will have the effect of tarnishing his time at the club.

You don't share that opinion which is your prerogative as indicated by your highlighted comment, and that too is absolutely fine.

We simply don't share the same thoughts on the topic.

You’re completely missing the point. I commented in respect of Raheem’s comment of “I sacrificed my kid’s birthdays to play for City” and compared it to Oleks who never moaned but was suffering with a lot more shit than missing a kids birthday party. Just my opinion. Anyway hopefully he gets what he deserves and Chelsea sign Harry Maguire
The media have played a blinder here. Raheem didn’t lead with the whole birthday thing-to me he was reaching in his mind for sacrifices that top level sports people make, and they do, to reach the top.

It’s strange that many seem to think Jesus and Zinchenko were so happy-but they both wanted to leave. The interviewer led Raheem to some of those comments and got exactly what they sought. It seems to have triggered people pretty easily.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.