Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Ah ease off off a bit

Sterling wanted to stay but with Jack and foden he was probably told his playing time may diminish this season and he believes he is better than a bench warmer and he is.

He is a bit sore right now but he will remember his time at city as the highlight of his career in a few years time and he should always be welcomed back!

We are not Liverpool and will always applaud ex players on their return against us

Ah ease off off a bit

Sterling wanted to stay but with Jack and foden he was probably told his playing time may diminish this season and he believes he is better than a bench warmer and he is.

He is a bit sore right now but he will remember his time at city as the highlight of his career in a few years time and he should always be welcomed back!

We are not Liverpool and will always applaud ex players on their return against us
I actually think he was questioning Grealish taking some of his time-and in truth he’s not really wrong there-if true.

Give over! Foden is a technically better footballer NOW than Sterling has EVER been…or will EVER be!

There, I said it!
Technically I agree, but I’m talking about impact, contribution, game changing moments. Phil was not great last season. Still learning his trade tbf, but not near ‘peak’ Sterling’s level yet

Very disappointing from him and especially after the farewell message from him that I thought was very touching. Why didn't he leave it at that? Unfortunately now I think he will get a frosty reception on his return which Sky will love I am sure.
Your last point is the point. Sky will love it
(as will Chelsea who will have encouraged it). As another poster said they got the interview response they were aiming for.

There are no headlines to be made in Sterling saying he loves city and simply understood he wasn’t going to be 1st choice so moved on to get that. Even sports journalists can manipulate an interviewee to get what they want.

What we have to do is an Alan Partridge style shrug of the shoulders and not give it air time when we play them.

Don't think he'll be getting that warm applause at the etihad when Chelsea next turn up. Shame, as of yesterday he would have got it.

The media have played a blinder here. Raheem didn’t lead with the whole birthday thing-to me he was reaching in his mind for sacrifices that top level sports people make, and they do, to reach the top.

It’s strange that many seem to think Jesus and Zinchenko were so happy-but they both wanted to leave. The interviewer led Raheem to some of those comments and got exactly what they sought. It seems to have triggered people pretty easily.
Nobody made him say what he did, his choice. I wasn’t aware Gabriel or Oleks had come out with anything similar? I’ll still applaud him when he comes back to the Etihad but in my opinion he is a stupid disrespectful pillock for saying what he did. And for the record I supported Raheem through thick and thin. Can’t blame the media for reporting what he said

Ah ease off off a bit

City capital C, liverpool small l please

Refuse to believe that in a sit down interview with Sky, Chelsea or Sterling could have said "no questions or discussions about why he/I left city"
If he didn't want to have a go at City why do the interview in the first place?

Ah ease off off a bit

James Milner disagrees with this post !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.