Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Struggled with a left footed tap in, then struggled to beat a player 1v1.
Always managed to implode against Liverpool.

I think the writing was on the wall since the All or Nothing documentary when Pep was having a chat with Arteta which finished with them both rolling eyes at Sterling’s inability to finish the simple chances - don’t forget Sterling will have seen this documentary and also be aware of their opinion of him.

Why he didn’t spend all day, every day practising his left foot is beyond me
The writing was on the wall in January 2018? And it took until August 2022 to sell him? Ok.

Always supported him, and felt he was at times unfairly maligned. I felt for him with the disgusting hatchet job done on him by scousers and the media. However .. I think he is a complex character who fans don’t generally warm to. No excuse for slagging the club that made him though. Needs a head wobble.

I'd suggest that he doesn't wobble his head while he's shaving though.

I think the trouble is that he still scored a shitload of goals for us and was a key part of our most successful sides. That's where the similarity with Darius Vassell is a little extreme! But it's clear as our play adapted, and perhaps when Arteta left, his form dropped. I don't know why he came out and said what he did because I don't know what audience he thought he had. Most people would react the same - you're paid a shit tonne shut up and get on with it. Most City fans would agree he wasn't performing well enough but has been a wonderful player for us. He's just got a character that means he's never really going to be a fan favourite anywhere but I'd still give him a clap when he's at the Etihad and then hope he does fuck all and loses quite badly. As he did at Elland Road yesterday.
I’d personally clap him before and then get on his back once the game kicks off. Watch him shit the bed like he does at Anfield and Old Trafford every game

I think the writing was on the wall since the All or Nothing documentary when Pep was having a chat with Arteta which finished with them both rolling eyes at Sterling’s inability to finish the simple chances - don’t forget Sterling will have seen this documentary and also be aware of their opinion of him.

Not sure about that as he started CL final 2 years after that documentary

He’s just been stupid ( really stupid ) and completely unnecessarily had some digs at us
All sour grapes he’s got with Pep and the staff and he’s completely ruining his legacy with City
FIVE LEAGUE TITLES he’s won here FIVE

There’s probably only a handful of players from Uniteds era who are more decorated than Sterling and he’s just showing zero appreciation for what we did for him as a player
Bit gutted to be honest I always fought his corner while he was here

Not sure about that as he started CL final 2 years after that documentary

He’s just been stupid ( really stupid ) and completely unnecessarily had some digs at us
All sour grapes he’s got with Pep and the staff and he’s completely ruining his legacy with City
FIVE LEAGUE TITLES he’s won here FIVE

There’s probably only a handful of players from Uniteds era who are more decorated than Sterling and he’s just showing zero appreciation for what we did for him as a player
Bit gutted to be honest I always fought his corner while he was here
Top post Bluemc

I think nothing wrong with him saying he felt like he becoming less and less important to City, which is true compared to previous seasons.
especially late stage CL games, thats where Pep really showed who he trusts except CL final which was a fuck up to start Sterling and not Rodri/Dinho.

Also I think Sterling saying these thing to make it crystal clear to Tuchel not to even think benching him even if he is bad from which he will be in some period of the season.
bit of a mind game imo towards Tuchel.
"I am here at Chelsea because City did not guarantee fixed starting 11. dont you fucking dare to bench me Tuchel, is it clear?"

right now they look a bit short upfront with Werner, Lukaku gone, Pulisic angling for a loan move, Zijech might be sold, Havertz not hitting the heights expected. not much to worry right now for Sterling to be rotated...
but if they would have been able to get in Aubamayeng plus another great winger...

Yep the one that comes across his body on to his left he can hardly make contact.ike a blind spot.
I guess hes also got his image and endorsements to protect so putting it down a professional fall out boxes it off for him without any y culpability. .

Don't be too hard on yourself,he had quite a few of you fooled.

No before this season or since Aguero hardly played I considered him our biggest goal threat tbh.
Never the most naturally gifted player but he was the one who would constantly get himself into those positions to finish a move off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.